Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What's it going to cost me?? Install

Old 09-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
What's it going to cost me?? Install

I was just trying to get a good idea how much I'm going to spend having a lift installed after I get back to the states and buy a 2011/2012 Taco 4x4 TRD OFF-ROAD. I plan to put on 5100's at .85 with Eibach coils, LT UCA's and a 2" AAL. Any help would be great. I would love to try and do it my self, but I don't have the room to.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
It differs from shop to shop, can cost anywhere from 300-1000 dollars. Just give some local, reputable shops a call for a quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Or just talk to the local TW people. Im sure someone on here wouldnt mind letting you use there driveway for an afternoon while you guys install everything. The price for beer and pizza is a lot less than the price of an install job at a off road shop.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Or just talk to the local TW people. Im sure someone on here wouldnt mind letting you use there driveway for an afternoon while you guys install everything. The price for beer and pizza is a lot less than the price of an install job at a off road shop.
^^^^This. If you were here and local, I would help you do the install.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
^^^^This. If you were here and local, I would help you do the install.
I agree. Most of us are a helpful bunch. I organized the first local TW trail in our area to meet local 4x4ers and find out about the local trails. My wife missed the first one because she wasn't feeling good. So I took my wife on her first real trail run 3 weeks later with another TW member that just got his 3" lift and wanted to try the trail again. And when the wife saw how close we came to hitting the frame a couple of times she said maybe we should get a 3" lift too. I asked for lift suggestions on the trail run thread and not only got suggestions but also offers to help install it. Find your local 4x4ers. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/members/list/
Edit just tried link and it brought up the full member list. You need to do an advanced search on it with Dover in the location spot.

I see 11 TW members in Dover, DE. Don't know how many are 4x4ers. You can check their profiles. I did the same in our area and PM'd all the 4x4ers to set up the trail run.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:13 AM   #6
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 AM   #7
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion, Doing a lift kit myself is alot more gratifying then having somebody install it, Even if you round up a couple TW buddies i think you'll be alot more prideful in your truck. I look at installing parts on my truck as a way to get to know all the ins and outs of my rig. Nowadays with Youtube and the internet, Everyone is becoming Weekend Warriors on there trucks.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
In my opinion, Doing a lift kit myself is alot more gratifying then having somebody install it, Even if you round up a couple TW buddies i think you'll be alot more prideful in your truck. I look at installing parts on my truck as a way to get to know all the ins and outs of my rig. Nowadays with Youtube and the internet, Everyone is becoming Weekend Warriors on there trucks.
Mine goes on Tuesday with the help of the local I bought it from. Got it already listed in my profile because I'm excited about getting it.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #9
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

When i lifted my first truck, I was exhausted, Dirty, Beat down, and Cut up but man you bet your A** i called up everyone of my friends and showed off my work. Just cant have that kinda pride from just being handed the keys to a newly lifted truck. Good luck OP i hope you get it installed and you are satisfied with the results! You as well 4wheelin'!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone. I plan on calling around when I get back from my deployment. I am still on the fence about what set up to go with 5100's at 0 and a 1.5" AAL or 5100's set at .85 and a 2" AAL and UCA's. I just don't want the truck to end up looking top heavy rolling around on stock BFG's with a 3'' lift. I might just do the 5100's at 0 and Eibach coils until I can afford new tire. Then get the UCA's and 2" AAL with the 5100's set at .85. I've been over here for 6 months now and have been driving myself crazy thinking about getting a new truck. I would do it all at once but I'm going to be coming home to a new member of my family and formula and diapers aren't cheep... 3 more months to go!!!

Thanks again
Old 09-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #11

Ive made a whole thread for this but i feel the need to Thank you for fighting for our country. I hope you can come back soon!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #12
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
I'm going to be coming home to a new member of my family and formula and diapers aren't cheep... 3 more months to go!!!
Congrats
Does your base have an auto shop where you can work on your truck? The Navy bases I was at all did.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The UCAs are probably the most time-consuming part, because the long bolt holding it to the frame doesn't come out nicely. It requires "persuading" the inner fender with channel-locks.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #14

I used peter sons air force base auto shop and it was really nice! Installed a lift on my 98 Land Rover. Pretty nice guys up there, Nice tools too Snap-on all around.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #15
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
I was just trying to get a good idea how much I'm going to spend having a lift installed after I get back to the states and buy a 2011/2012 Taco 4x4 TRD OFF-ROAD. I plan to put on 5100's at .85 with Eibach coils, LT UCA's and a 2" AAL. Any help would be great. I would love to try and do it my self, but I don't have the room to.
That setup would leave you with a lot of rake. Why you getting new UCA's?