Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 lift help!!??? please...

Old 09-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
wolfdog3820 is on a distinguished road
wolfdog3820's Tacoma Gallery
5100 lift help!!??? please...

Hi yall. i have a 2010 dc and i want to put the bilstein 5100's on the front to level it out. I have ordered a set of 265 75 16's. I am having major trouble finding the part numbers for these shocks. Also, do u have to buy new springs also? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks to everyone! J
Old 09-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Front Shock Part #: BE5-C477-T1
Rear Shock Part #: BE5-C478-T0,Equal to New Bilstein Part # 24-186728

-Taken from DSM's website. If you have any more questions, give em a call, they'll be glad to help.

And as far as the coils, 5100's can be mated with stock coils
Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Front Shock Part #: BE5-C477-T1
Rear Shock Part #: BE5-C478-T0,Equal to New Bilstein Part # 24-186728

-Taken from DSM's website. If you have any more questions, give em a call, they'll be glad to help.

And as far as the coils, 5100's can be mated with stock coils
X2. Great guys to work with. You can lift using stock coils at settings .85", 1.25" and 2.50". With no lift in the back, most guys set theirs at 1.25" of lift to level out the truck.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
xmixpixx is on a distinguished road
xmixpixx's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine today. I am going to post a thread here about it in a few, but I would recommend taking the shocks to a shop and having them swap the springs over. It cost me $25 to have done, and they have to use some special electric head rod to free the top nut, no air tools would break it loose and a torch would ruin the bushings. Check out the sticky on here, it helped me out big time.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
PEPCATCH11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Fire Equipment Operator
Name: Dan
PEPCATCH11's Tacoma Gallery
The settings are .85", 1.75", and 2.5"
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
wolfdog3820 is on a distinguished road
wolfdog3820's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for everything guys! i am just a little unclear on something....how can the shocks lift the frontend with the same coil springs? not really i\nderstanding how these shocks lift i guess?

thanks again!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog3820 View Post
thanks for everything guys! i am just a little unclear on something....how can the shocks lift the frontend with the same coil springs? not really i\nderstanding how these shocks lift i guess?

thanks again!
The spring perches are adjustable, so they shocks are able to add different amount of preload to your stock springs.

Kind of like a adjustable coilover setup, but those have infinite height settings and can be adjusted while still on the truck, and the billy's cannot.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog3820 View Post

thanks again!
I installed the front billies set at 1.75, the highest you can go and still get the alignment back in spec, i re used the TRD front coils and it worked fine, measure from the top of the wheel well to the ground, front and back to figure out how much lift you need to level out. The billies can be set to the closest height that you need. If you plan to haul trailers or loads often, consider firestone air bags in the rear, i use mine to keep the truck level with the fronts.