Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally got my 5100's installed

Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Finally got my 5100's installed

So finally after months of the 5100's laying in my hallway, i got them installed last week...i was going to do it myself, but i caved and drove it over to meineke...i installed the 5100's all around, fronts set at 2.5" with the rear AAL...cost me bout 230 for everything (supposively the guy spent like 4 hours doing my truck)...So far i'm liking the ride, it is a bit stiffer, but for a truck to me it makes it feel more solid...didn't get to drive it much though cause i do need an alignment...i forgot to measure the height before i installed, so i'm not really sure how much i did get in lift...i'm also feeling i need to start saving up for new rims/tires though, but for now the stock rims with the grabber at2's seem good enough ...here's some pics....

BEFORE:

AFTER (sorry the after is kinda hard to see well with the shadows)

now i do have one quick question...my TPMS light has never went on before, but right after i picked up my truck the light was on and hasn't gone off...i've checked the pressures, but still nothing...could the lift have anything to do with that?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great!!! How is the ride? I was thinking about going with this set-up.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
Looking great!!! How is the ride? I was thinking about going with this set-up.
for me i like it...again setting it at it's highest setting does give it a more stiff ride...but the truck seems more solid now...like i said i haven't really drove it too much, cause i do need to get the alignment done before i screw something up...i originally was going to go with a toytec 3" space lift with the AAL, but i'm glad i went with the 5100's....

on a different note, i've never went off roading with the truck, but should i decide to maybe start doing some light off roading in the future, will it hurt my new suspension?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice! with the TSb it looks level now.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
AKA "06tacosport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
nice! with the TSb it looks level now.
i bought the truck used with 54k on it, so the tsb was a no go for me...it's actually AAL installed in the rear
Old 10-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
i bought the truck used with 54k on it, so the tsb was a no go for me...it's actually AAL installed in the rear
wow, looks like i spaced on that one i thought i read you had the TSB.... whoops. im out on the TSB too because i added an AAL when i lifted so you're not alone
Old 10-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
roddy1 is on a distinguished road

roddy1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Nice. Damn i want a Taco.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
AKA "06tacosport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
wow, looks like i spaced on that one i thought i read you had the TSB.... whoops. im out on the TSB too because i added an AAL when i lifted so you're not alone
yeah i know that's what sucks about buying used, everything the guy before me SHOULD have done under the warrenty, he didn't...now i'm outta luck
Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
on a different note, i've never went off roading with the truck, but should i decide to maybe start doing some light off roading in the future, will it hurt my new suspension?
No. I have the same setup in the front. No problems. It is stiff though the truck gets thrown side to side pretty well. I'm getting the Toytec coil-overs installed this weekend. I'm thinking it should take some of the harshness out.