Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stack it!! REAR

Old 09-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Stack it!! REAR

So is it possible to "stack" suspension lifts period??

I have 2inch AALs with no tsb in...i guess it finally settled in?? And now its actually about an inch lower than the front, yes i measured, flat ground etc...so i was wondering if i could jus throw like a 1inch block to level it, or i dont care if the rear is a little higher. I dont see why it cant be done but all thoughts and opinions please

Thanks
Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #2

Also I have the toytec coils up front set at 3inches
Old 09-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you can do that, blocks arent the best for performance but it will work to just lift it another inch safely. Make sure to get new longer U bolts
Old 09-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
get ready for crazy axle wrap with blocks
Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
yeah you can do that, blocks arent the best for performance but it will work to just lift it another inch safely. Make sure to get new longer U bolts
Okay i thought so..I know it aint the best but i figure i could save some money that way
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
get ready for crazy axle wrap with blocks
Damn new that was coming up haha...ok so what about stacking AALs?? I have a brand new 1 inch jus sitting
Old 09-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
You could flip the overload leaf for free
Old 09-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
You could flip the overload leaf for free
Serious?? wow never even thought of that I guess its safe and now i gots something to do today ..
Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOsupremacy View Post
Serious?? wow never even thought of that I guess its safe and now i gots something to do today ..
i could think of a million things to do,in HI which didn't include working on the truck
Old 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problem. Idk how much lift you'll actually get but I know a couple people who have done it.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wouldn't stack AAL's. I can't think of any really mechanical reason why not, but there's nothing keeping the bottom AALs aligned with the leaf pack.

You can flip the overload but it only works if the arch of the leaf springs is less than the arch of the overload when you flip it. The problem with flipping the overload is it now puts the overload as part of the active leaf pack. The main leaf pack is thin leafs and flex well, the overload is 1/2" thick and is made specifically to not flex except under very heavy loads. In short, it will ride like a dump truck.

If you can find a donor leaf pack, you can cut it up and make a leaf pack with more leafs. You could also get a new leaf pack but that's obviously expensive but would solve your problems.