Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Billies with eibach coils kit or OME?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what you mean by smoother. I have Eibachs which have a higher spring rate so you don't have so much nose dive when you hit the brakes, and they are stiffer through corners. I have no experience with OME so I'll let someone who knows chime in on this one.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
steveni70 is on a distinguished road
steveni70's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Bilsteins are quite a bit cheaper than the OME shocks.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveni70 View Post
I think the Bilsteins are quite a bit cheaper than the OME shocks.
Yep, Bilsteins are around $200 for the pair and Nitrochargers are just over $300 for the pair.

NC10TRDSPORT is right, it depends on what you mean by smoother ride. Both Eibach and OME coils can be used on Bilstein struts and the coils are similar in price. OME 884 and 885 coils are 580 #/in and Eibachs are 620 #/in. Eibachs don't dive much under braking and prevent truck roll in corners, you'll feel smaller bumps and it is definitely stiffer than stock but I think it's a nice ride. I don't have OME coils but people who do have them seem to be very happy with them also. Can't go wrong either way really.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I currently have Bilstien 5100's all around with Eibach springs up front and the truck rides great. Really smooth on the road and very comfortable offroad. In back I have TSB leaf spring with Toytec AAL and Bilstien 5100. I would highly reccomend this set up to anyone.

I was running allpro skids and an avid light bar and the shocks handled it jsut fine. The only reason I am taking mine off is to run FOX Racing 2.5 coils and shocks.