Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's with custom spacer

Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
adamw is on a distinguished road

adamw's Tacoma Gallery
5100's with custom spacer

I have my fronts set at 1.75 with the rear stock and it sits level. I was looking into getting the icon 1.5" leaf pack and bumping the front up to the 2.5 setting...but will that be high enough in front or will it end up looking like the factory rake again? So what i'm wondering is that if I machine a 1/4 in thick ring that goes in between the spring and the spring seat is that basically the same as a 1/4 top plate spacer like the ones you would use to adjust your lean? any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw View Post
I have my fronts set at 1.75 with the rear stock and it sits level. I was looking into getting the icon 1.5" leaf pack and bumping the front up to the 2.5 setting...but will that be high enough in front or will it end up looking like the factory rake again? So what i'm wondering is that if I machine a 1/4 in thick ring that goes in between the spring and the spring seat is that basically the same as a 1/4 top plate spacer like the ones you would use to adjust your lean? any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2.5" up front and 1.5" in the back will level the truck, no rake.

You could machine a thin top plate spacer if you want, to go up to 3" in the front. Toytec sells them for around $20.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #3

adamw's Tacoma Gallery
okay cool. do you have any experience with the icon leaf pack? how is the ride compared to stock? I dont really want to do the aal and def not blocks and I dont want to go any higher then 1.5 in the rear
Old 09-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
For the sake of god, do the leaf pack.

I'll help you install the leafs! or next mod day we all can help ya!

I hate AAL's...I've done 2 sets in my life and I hate them.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #5

adamw's Tacoma Gallery
sweet that'd be awesome ill try to come up with some funds by the next mod day and we could throw those one!