Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Yet another billy 5100 question

Old 09-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
tALOHAma is on a distinguished road
tALOHAma's Tacoma Gallery
Question Yet another billy 5100 question

I'm sure this question has been answered a million times already but if I get the 5100's and set it to 1.75" to level out the truck do I need a differential drop? What about 2.5"? This is for a dc.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 setting Diff Drop? Prob not (never heard of anyone getting A diff drop just for that setting) In the end it just depends on if you are getting drive line vibrations, but if you do get vibrations at 1.75 get shims to correct it. Just all depends on the truck, some wont vibrate some will.

But 2.5" setting its advised to get a Diff drop.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
tALOHAma is on a distinguished road
tALOHAma's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you. That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Diff drops don't do anything useful on second gens.

There a good discussion on it in this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...highlight=drop

Also, see the quote in my sig.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Diff drops don't do anything useful on second gens.

There a good discussion on it in this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...highlight=drop

Also, see the quote in my sig.
x2...just torque everything correctly on the install and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
I know most people say it doesn't do anything. But it did help my CVs out by getting the diff drop so if you go 2.5 and your CVs look crazy it's definitely worth looking into.