Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front Coil Spring Isolators

Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
pavemobile will become famous soon enoughpavemobile will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 20th SOS Helicopter Mech - Retired
pavemobile's Tacoma Gallery
Front Coil Spring Isolators

Does anyone know a good source for the front upper coil spring isolators, either stock rubber or urethane? Can't seem to find a part number for stock. These are for an '09 TRD Sport PreRunner - thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
pavemobile will become famous soon enoughpavemobile will become famous soon enough
Front Coil Spring Insulators

Anyone?

Trying to buildup a set of Bilstein 5100's w/springs and have a plug and play unit for each side.

Any advice, part #'s, experience greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
saugus is on a distinguished road
saugus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Why not just re-use yours? Good source for OEM parts is

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/
I have used this one a couple of times. It is pretty competitive and only charges $10 or 10% shipping.

http://www.partswebsite.com/1sttoyotaparts/
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
I have used Toyota Parts Zone several times with good luck but they removed their exploded view drawings so I checked a couple of other Toyota sites and my FSM for the breakdown but they don't show the insulator as a sub assembly part...don't show it at all. I don't have a problem breaking down the old strut assembly and re-using but if I could find the insulator I would have a built up replacement unit and probably put the old assemblies up for sale here.

The aftermarket upper mounts, like the Monroe don't come with an isolator, I had a buddy check a box at our Advance Auto Parts store. Anyway, the quest continues.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemobile View Post
Does anyone know a good source for the front upper coil spring isolators, either stock rubber or urethane? Can't seem to find a part number for stock. These are for an '09 TRD Sport PreRunner - thanks
what are you looking for exactly? the right and left spring?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
I am trying to find the rubber insulator/isolator that goes between the top of the front coil springs and the mount plate assembly that holds the strut/spring assembly together. Energy suspension makes some universal isolators but a person needs to know the external & internal dimensions. I was thinking if I could find a part number for OEM my problem would go away, I could use stock rubber or order a urethane pair and not have as much down time.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
saugus is on a distinguished road
saugus's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about the cup shaped item in the link?

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/sh...ssembly=341628
Old 09-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
The rubber part under 48603/48609, can't seem to get a sub assembly part number without buying the whole mount - 60 - 70 bucks each.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #9
I took a set of springs this morning and measured all the dimensions I could think of and Energy Suspension part # 9.6104 seems to be the best match for my springs - '09 TRD Sport. Not sure about the Off-Road set. While they are not an exact match to OEM I'll post some pic's during R&R and buildup of the new set. The ES set has a flat pad for the upper end to rest on while OEM seems to have a small umbrella like outer lip - not big but it's there.

set No. a B c D E F
Attached Thumbnails
Front Coil Spring Isolators-photo-1.jpg   Front Coil Spring Isolators-photo-2.jpg