Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME lift installed, questions on stance...

Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Mtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift installed, questions on stance...

I just installed the Toytec 3" OME lift, using the 885x springs and the spacers recommended in the kit along with a 2" aal in the back. I was hoping for a slight rake, kind of like stock, and imo my truck is level to an ever so slight nose-up stance. Will the front end "settle" at all with this kit? Thanks.

Pics:

Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did not settle , remove the spacers or get Dakars

FWIW , it looks level to me

Looks great also
Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bret
2011TacoBeav's Tacoma Gallery
From what i've researched more than likely the REAR will settle... making the already slightly nose high look even more pronounced...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Did you take centre of hub to underside of fender measurements , front and rear ?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Mtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shedMtek is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you take centre of hub to underside of fender measurements , front and rear ?

I did not.

I am very happy with the driving results, this is just a minor aesthetic change I would like to avoid (nose high). I think I will have to upgrade to new rear leafs in the near future, particularly if the rear settles.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do those Ivan stewarts stick out more than oem wheels?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #7
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
That's how my truck looks (stance wise) you could take the spacers off and it will be about at level.

I didn't pick the spacer option when buying my OME lift and my front end still can clear 285/75/16s with no problems after doing some fender trimming of course.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #8
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of your cv's?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTaco View Post
Do those Ivan stewarts stick out more than oem wheels?
They def do, I love the fit. I am not sure what the back space is, but they clear the stock uca's nicely and stick out of the wheel wells slightly for a nice look. I included another pic below, it is not a "down the line" shot, but will give you more of an idea. If you are going 16"s, give the Ivan's a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Any pics of your cv's?
Taking it in for an alignment today, will get some up so you can see the angles.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What size top spacer did you use ?
I used the recommended in the Toytec kit, I am pretty sure they are 1/2". I think it would have been perfect for what I wanted if I did not install them. Btw, these are the 885x springs too.

I did contact one of the vendors here about a reverse rear shackle that will raise the back 1/2", I think I am may go that route.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtek View Post
They def do, I love the fit. I am not sure what the back space is, but they clear the stock uca's nicely and stick out of the wheel wells slightly for a nice look. I included another pic below, it is not a "down the line" shot, but will give you more of an idea. If you are going 16"s, give the Ivan's a look.

Taking it in for an alignment today, will get some up so you can see the angles.

Looks good! What size tires are you running?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #13
Air Force:
Mtek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Viking View Post
Looks good! What size tires are you running?
Thanks! I am running 285/75/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Any pics of your cv's?
Pics -

Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtek View Post
Pics -

I'm talking top op the boot to see if they are rubbing or if they are good. Truck looks great though how you like the ride?