Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

progressive lift intentions

Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
kane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kane's Tacoma Gallery
progressive lift intentions

Ok so I have read searched read some more searched again and once again read. I think I have a plan in order but I would like some input whether I have the right idea or not.
I want to end up with a full 3 inch and done right. But I also have a budget and would like to see progress as I am able to spend. I would also like to not waste money by not being able to use the mods I get now incorporated into my final outcome(though im aware modding is 10 never finished).
So my thoughts are 5100s up front to level and give me space for some bigger tires and a set of wheels. Once I recoupe from that hit to the savings get some coils and aal or leaf pack. (With rear shocks) and still be able to use front just change setting? Then after that hit to the wallet spring for ucas ..... and im thinking that will get me to a decent set up for a good stance on my ride ...
Is this a good route to take and any pointers if Im missing anything .....
I know there's tons of lift threads.... but I never really found anyone saying how they got there by trying to budget.
thanks for any input
Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Why not just save until you have enough to do the install once?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
This

But yes, that plan works. Just use the 5100's to level for awhile, then set them to 0 and have coils do the lifting
Old 09-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
kane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shedkane is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kane's Tacoma Gallery
Well id like to get the front up so I can get bigger tires as I said and then once I do that ill basically do the rest. But im not gonna want to buy stuff and let it set while im waiting to get the rest and id like to see progress as I dump out my money
Old 09-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
how much lift in the front do u need to level it with the back with the 5100's? .85 or 1.75?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
From what I see, you don't want to level, you want to lift and run bigger tires right from the get go, right? If so, then the 5100's set at 2.5 would probably let you run 33's *some trimming might be needed*. Once you get the money, then you would get new coils etc, lower the 5100's, and get more like 3 inches of lift, right? That sounds like a pretty good plan. Except...if you Are planning to run bigger tires *33's?* up front with the 5100's in the beginning, how are you going to fit them in the back? Unless I'm wrong, you will need to lift the back before you get the new meats. That would make your first step 5100's and an aal/block/leafpack/shackle. If you got an aal as one of your first steps then your cost would go up about $80 or so.