Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

To sway or not???

Old 09-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
To sway or not???

I have read various threads on the subject but am still torn on removing the sway bar or not. Tomorrow I am installing my UCA's FOX 2.5 C/O's and other suspension bits and am wondering if I should remove my sway bar. What do you all think?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
sway bars are for pussies
Old 09-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin. I wouldn't run without one on the road.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
sway bars are for pussies

hahahaha
Old 09-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you need it off for articulation, go for it, otherwise I'd leave it on. FWIW, stiffer aftermarket coils make the sway bar less of a necessity.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Sway bars sucks, lol!
Removing it will make your upgraded suspension shine! Otherwise it will hold it back and feel like crap......leave it on at first just to feel the difference!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed09taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
09taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
remove it!! took mine off a month ago and I drive 25 miles to work everyday on winding log roads.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
take it off, it will make a world of difference off road.

ask outkast too he just took his off and he said he will never put it back on
Old 09-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
I love how my truck handles on and off road without the sway bar. Glad I took it off. I do have Icons though.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
I drive on the highway and on roads with curves to and from work with no sway bar....I like how it rides and haven't had any problems, and offroad it's even better of course.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Take it off!
Old 09-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
if you do a lot of highway driving id leave it on though! It basically functions exactly how its name states! You take it off and do a lot of higher speed driving and you might regret it when you're upside down . . . . . . . unless thats how you like it
You also have to remember though that roads here in AZ are set up completely straight like grids. Rarely do roads curve at all. You will be fine as long as you dont start thinking your a road racer. If your close to the point of rolling when you turn you are going too fast. You drive a truck not a vette (inside joke to whipper)
Old 09-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Interesting... If you look at the responses and and who posted them almost 100% of people with a good suspension set up (i.e. Coil overs, UCA's, etc) say take it off. People either running stock or crap spacer lifts say they would never or hated how it felt when they remove it. Very interesting indeed.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
You also have to remember though that roads here in AZ are set up completely straight like grids. Rarely do roads curve at all. You will be fine as long as you dont start thinking your a road racer. If your close to the point of rolling when you turn you are going too fast. You drive a truck not a vette (inside joke to whipper)
Yea, I dont push my truck hard through the mountains. I have a motorcycle for that. My truck is for mixed use. Because of my job I tend to road trip a lot up through the Rockies and I run between Washington (where I live) and where I work which is mainly Tucson. Usually I just set my cruise control at the speed limit so I am not to worried about over doing it.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #17
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Choose what is more your style of driving:

Offroad/Trail = take it off (better movement and flex)
Highway/everyday driving = leave it on (keeps your truck from leaning too much on turns)
Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
if you do a lot of highway driving id leave it on though! It basically functions exactly how its name states! You take it off and do a lot of higher speed driving and you might regret it when you're upside down . . . . . . . unless thats how you like it
Ohhh I like it upside down, but the damn links are going to need an impact
Old 09-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone here have any proof of someone rolling because of not having a sway bar?

i drive like a race car driver (private property) on pavement alot. and if your going to roll your going wayy too fast or dont know how to drive IMO, i have had mine off before i got billies and eibachs. i will never go back.

the only major difference i feel is when towing and hitting a bump, thats about it.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i would keep it on for safety sake. what if an animal darts out in front of you, or you swerve to avoid an accident, or kid chasing a ball. that stability helps keep you upright and steer where you want