Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2006 Tacoma Bed is lopsided? Anyone else?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Rocket is on a distinguished road
Navy: 3rd Class Petty Officier
Name: Rocket
Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
2006 Tacoma Bed is lopsided? Anyone else?

Hi, I have a 2006 Tacoma Reg Cab w/25K miles on it and the bed of the truck is crooked and driving me crazy. I have Fox Nitro shocks on the back with the 3 leaf springs. People behind sometimes pull up and inform me that the bed of my truck is sagging on Drivers Side. 1 shop said its because the Gas Tank is on the Drivers side and its normal, no worries. Other shop said the drivers side leaf springs may be weak. I haven't carried anything in the bed except for 2 dirt bikes. I bought a set of AAL to add but I'd like to see what is causing the bed to sag on the left before I install the extra leaf springs. Anyone else have this problem or know how or what I can check to see what it might be?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ....Rocket
ps. Fox Nitro with stock leaf springs on the back and Donahue set up on the front.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
idk exactly know what you’r talking about. maybe get a pic? but i do know some guys have that call taco lean. leans 1” to 2” to drivers side. it’s because they have the gas tank battery and driver all on the same side. i personally do NOT see this on my ’07 dbl cab short bed TRD off road. it has 30’700 miles.

edit: and usually it’s the hole truck that leans not just the bed.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I have just the bed tilting down to the left about 2inchs. If you stand behind the truck bed, you can see the back portion of the truck is about 2 inch lower than the right side. The front of the truck looks level, cab section look level but the left rear tailgate looks lower than the right side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
idk exactly know what your talking about. maybe get a pic? but i do know some guys have that call taco lean. leans 1 to 2 to drivers side. its because they have the gas tank battery and driver all on the same side. i personally do NOT see this on my 07 dbl cab short bed TRD off road. it has 30700 miles.

edit: and usually its the hole truck that leans not just the bed.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post pics tomorrow. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Yeah, I have just the bed tilting down to the left about 2inchs. If you stand behind the truck bed, you can see the back portion of the truck is about 2 inch lower than the right side. The front of the truck looks level, cab section look level but the left rear tailgate looks lower than the right side.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
LYNDENO is on a distinguished road
LYNDENO's Tacoma Gallery
same thing with mine I think its the gas tank because it verys with how full my tank is im thinking about geting adjustable shocks
Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you have a broken leaf on the driver's side .
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
litewatefitr will become famous soon enoughlitewatefitr will become famous soon enough
Navy: EO2, ALFA CO., NFELC
litewatefitr's Tacoma Gallery
mine does the same damn thing!!!! except on mine, it's as though the passenger side of the bed is lower. it's an '09 trd offroad, double cab with 35,000 miles on it. it's making me insane! i took it to two different dealers, and even had the district parts manager from toyota look at it and all said the same thing:"it's within factory specs..." that's all well and good, but considering how damn expensive these things are, it's not within my specs. i mean, SOMETHING has to be causing it to lean like that, but nobody can tell me what it is, only that it's within factory specs and not bad enough to fix. somebody PLEASE tell me you know what the hell is going on... nobody here seems to care enough to let me know. thanks!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
litewatefitr will become famous soon enoughlitewatefitr will become famous soon enough
Navy: EO2, ALFA CO., NFELC
litewatefitr's Tacoma Gallery
p.s., i checked my driveway with a level and it's completely level. but i can see it on any surface, including from across a parking lot. i just don't get it man...
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know but I have OME Dakars in the back and my is 1/4" lower on the Driver side just like yours is and even that is noticeable. Still trying to dial in my suspension though. My coilovers up front are starting to really make me mad. I wish I would have bought the ext. travel Icons instead of Fox. G/L
Old 10-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a 1/4" low on the pass. side drives me crazy. I have a pro comp 3" lift so I know it's not the factory parts. Before the lift I was about an inch low on drivers side w/ a full tank of gas. I am thinking of getting the rear TSB done and keeping my aal's. I don't know if that will make me high in the rear though. Right now I have about 1/2" rake in the front wich I like. But the factory leaf pack sux. I am hoping the rear tsb plus my aal's will level out the back without making it higher??? but dunno
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
most of the beds on these trucks are a little croooked. i found out mine was when i got my ATO rear bumper and Kevin pointed it out to me. he said u can loosen the bed bolts and wiggle the bed around a little and it should level out. just make sure u square everything back up when u tighten the bolts down