Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2011 leveling kit questions

Old 09-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
loganlangley is on a distinguished road
Name: logan
loganlangley's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2011 leveling kit questions

exactly how much to i need to lift the front to exactly match the back? i have a 2011 trd sport 4x4. and how big of tires will fit? would rather not lift the back.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
You only need to raise the front about an inch or so, if you were to get bilstein 5100's the first or middle settings would level you out in the front.

the largest tire size you can get with no rubbing is 265/75r16

There's tons and TONS of info about these exact questions from literally hundreds of members, take a look around the site a bit and you'll see more info
Old 09-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
ok thanks, im guessing those ride the best? im new to tacomas. i just got my first one 4 days ago.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it depends on how much you're willing to spend but 5100's are one of the most popular/cheapest ways of leveling the truck out
Old 09-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
i got ya. can you send me a link to what you are talking about im seeing a few diff ones
Old 09-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Russell F is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
Russell F's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm hope this helps out
Old 09-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #8

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

if you want to swap out all of the shocks/struts

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html
If you just want to switch out the struts

The 5100 struts have different settings where the coil sits on the strut, and by adding pre-load to the coal when the higher settings are used, lifts the truck
Old 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganlangley View Post
exactly how much to i need to lift the front to exactly match the back? i have a 2011 trd sport 4x4. and how big of tires will fit? would rather not lift the back.
Get a tape measure and find out how many inches the fender is above the deck in the rear and then in the front. Then subtract the front from the rear and you'll find something between 1-1.5 inches.

You can fit 265-70-17 with that lift
Old 09-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
i was just about to ask about the back. thanks for your help guys
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
charliebob is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
charliebob's Tacoma Gallery
Ok if he gets these on.. does he need to get an alignment?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebob View Post
Ok if he gets these on.. does he need to get an alignment?
yep
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
Ok.. I was wondering.. Im considering doing the same thing.. does it void your warranty tho?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
anything else i need to do? are the rear shocks even worth it? will they make the ride better?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
not if your not lifting the rear... You already have good shocks back there if your a TRD sport
Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I leveled mine up front by 1.75 and it sits almost perfectly level now, put 5100 on front and rear and love it, the ride is much better.

check out my build, I have before and after pics

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html

is yours a double cab or access cab, little difference in how they sit

before

( look at the front end before compared to after)
after

Old 09-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #17
I have a DBL Cab TRD 4x4..
Old 09-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #18
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
with a double cab I would only lift in .85 but that is just my 2 cents, the double cab is a little heavier than the access cab and the rear end isn't as high