Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

loud ass squeeking from leaf springs

Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
loud ass squeeking from leaf springs

I have some loud ass squeaking comming from my leafs. Anytime I accelerate, brake, turn or go over a bump hell anytime It flexes at all. WD 40 worked for a week but now it still sqeaks and makes my ride sound like a damn hooptie. Any suggestions, any one with any similar issues
Old 09-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Powerwasher , and the DIY squeaky leaf spring fix in the free mods section
Old 09-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Powerwasher, and get level with the leaf springs and spray between them. They're squeaking because there is dirt between them.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
damn I have been going through a shit ton of wd40 and greese, color me fucking retarded
Old 09-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure whats in the DIY section for it, but i remember oz's fix for it a few months ago and i came up with another idea. if you can get ahold of it, see if you can pry the leafs and then slide a piece of firehose in it. not like a whole round part of it, but like a patch. think about it, it can handle like 100's of pounds of psi so its knitted super tight, is bound to last forever, and it's thin. all makes sense to me. i just don't have squeaky leafs to try in on. . . but yeah, came up with that idea at 3 in the morning on a fire call a few weeks ago. could be a total fail, but that's my contribution.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
im not sure whats in the DIY section for it, but i remember oz's fix for it a few months ago and i came up with another idea. if you can get ahold of it, see if you can pry the leafs and then slide a piece of firehouse in it. not like a whole round part of it, but like a patch. think about it, it can handle like 100's of pounds of psi so its knitted super tight, is bound to last forever, and it's thin. all makes sense to me. i just don't have squeaky leafs to try in on. . . but yeah, came up with that idea at 3 in the morning on a fire call a few weeks ago. could be a total fail, but that's my contribution.
My fix for my Dakars with EPDM rubber strips was a variation of the DIY squeaky leaf thread , the firehose idea is an interesting one too
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
how long has your fix been good for oz
About 4 months now .

I have had to adjust the strips once , but the silence I get versus the squeaks I had before are worth it .