1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lifting my 06 trd

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BCTaco14, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Sep 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    BCTaco14

BCTaco14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am going to be ordering the parts I will need to lift my 2006 tacoma dcsb trd 4x4.

What I want is the All Pro expedition springs for the rear and I am probably going to just order the kit off of the website with the walter evans shocks. Now I am not sure what to go with for the front. I don't need anything too crazy and I do not do too much with my truck, I just want the expedition springs for how much I load up my bed and go on trips.

Any suggestions on how to lift the front? I want to fit 285's (BF Goodrich AT's)

Thanks

Also, if I get the spidertrax wheel spacers will I be able to use my stock wheels?

2. Sep 25, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    yes on the spacers and recomend the spidertrax aswell...
    thats a very good choice for the rear....
    depending on how much you wanna spend on the front? if you a nice all around ride get a set of coil overs..icon,kings,walker evens,etc....if you want a good ride and dont need it to be adjustable look into bilstein 5100's with eibach springs or ome spring/shock combo

3. Sep 25, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    BCTaco14

Member:
    Yes, I'd prefer a non-adjustable 3inch set up.

4. Sep 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    ome or 5100 bilstein with eibach springs for sure them...either will perform great

5. Sep 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    BCTaco14

Member:
    link for where to order?

6. Sep 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    BCTaco14

Member:
    never mind found it! I am gonna order bilstein 5100's with OME 885's with top plates. That should do it! will up load pics after.

Will in need UCA's?

Do I just need to order the 5100's and springs or will there be anything else I need to do the install?

7. Sep 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    i run the 5100's and have 2.5in of lift and did not need uca's

Products Discussed in

To Top