LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Upgrade for front bumper

Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
Upgrade for front bumper

Getting ready to install a 100# bumper on the Taco (net weight gain of about 65# after removing stock.) Looking for a couple answers on suspension. 2008 V6 DCSB. Stock height with no plans/desires for lift. I just want to know what the best direction would be for the added weight up front to keep it nice and level with the rear after the addition of the bumper. Stock struts up front ok? Should I upgrade to Bilstein's instead. If so then what height adjust should I use? Any reason at all I should upgrade rear shocks when doing this? Anything else I might be missing? Not a 4x4 and do not do any off-roading. Thanks a bunch in advance. As a side note, I will also be adding sliders (Yes, yes, they are purely cosmetic. )
Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
No one on here has any advice? Come on guys! Thanks.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
If it was me, I would just do Bilsteins 5100's at the first setting. I believe its .85" of lift.... and then maybe upgrade coils later on, If needed.....