Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

It'd be really nice if this worked,

Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
It'd be really nice if this worked,

So i own a 1998 Land Rover Discovery but it hit a deer and is currently dead in the driveway, BUT i had it lifted with an OME lift kit 3" its got OME shocks and coils all around... Can i use them in my 2006 Tacoma double cab 4x4?! I know the coils are 886s because i had a front bumper on the discovery... Do you think the shocks could be swapped too gain lift? If thats true that would mean all i would need is an AAL or Dakar leaf packs right?! And probably a diff drop kit? to get a true 3" lift kit on my tacoma that is.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Measure the compressed and extended length of the shocks and see if the mounting is the same.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Il have to rip a wheel off and take out one of my shocks sometime, Im trying to sell the thing so id like to know if i want to keep the lift or just sell the truck whole. Il see what i can find out.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That could be a darn good idea sir, Saves me the hassle of ripping apart something i dont need to. Thanks OZ!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
That could be a darn good idea sir, Saves me the hassle of ripping apart something i dont need to. Thanks OZ!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #7

Good rep at ARB shut me down, He said the coils might work but deffinitely the shocks wont, They mount differently. Crap heres to invested another grand in a lift kit!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Good rep at ARB shut me down, He said the coils might work but deffinitely the shocks wont, They mount differently. Crap heres to invested another grand in a lift kit!
I was going to say not even close. Sorry man.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #9

Its all good, That means il get all new parts for my rig, Probably better anyways