Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spindles or coilover lift

View Poll Results: Which suspension would be a better fit?
Spindles 16 61.54%
Coilover kit 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #21
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
id rather have the spindles, little higher and get a nice stance from it
true.. but im a dune rat so i need a smooth ride for high speed stuff over a spindle lift
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #22
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
kinda what i did
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #24
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what co's u runnin?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #25
Built Ford Tough.
Fisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zack
Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
Both applications are huge upgrades and well worth it. Both will provide lift and increase ride quality. I'm sure down the road you will end up with both, but for now it really doesn't matter what you should get first.

If your looking just to pick up your ride and are satisfied with the current ride quality go with the spindles.

If you are looking to increase ride quality on and offroad and have the option of picking it up a bit, then go with coilovers although the more you preload the coils, the stiffer the ride will be.

Right now I have 4" Camburg Spindles, with Fox C/O's set at 1". Great ride quality on and off road with a nice lift up front complimented with OME Dakar 2.75" leaf pack and 2.5" Kings in the rear.

Also as far as the rear leafs are concerned, If you go with Dakars or All-Pro's they have 2 helper leafs(correct me if im wrong) that will stiffen the rear end like no other. It gets annoying hitting speed bumps because it bucks so hard. If I were to do it all over I'd get Deavers. They offer a MUCH softer ride, yet don't allow you to haul much weight.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
what co's u runnin?
im running the ext travel icons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheez View Post
Both applications are huge upgrades and well worth it. Both will provide lift and increase ride quality. I'm sure down the road you will end up with both, but for now it really doesn't matter what you should get first.

If your looking just to pick up your ride and are satisfied with the current ride quality go with the spindles.

If you are looking to increase ride quality on and offroad and have the option of picking it up a bit, then go with coilovers although the more you preload the coils, the stiffer the ride will be.

Right now I have 4" Camburg Spindles, with Fox C/O's set at 1". Great ride quality on and off road with a nice lift up front complimented with OME Dakar 2.75" leaf pack and 2.5" Kings in the rear.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #27
Built Ford Tough.
Fisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zack
Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
im running the ext travel icons.

Too bad im selling the truck friday

..for a civic hybrid.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheez View Post
Too bad im selling the truck friday

let me at those kings.. for free
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #29

hahaha dibs on those fox's!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #30
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had gotten spindles!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
its never to late
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #32
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Do it Scott!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #33
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Why on EARTH would anyone say C/O over spindles is beyond my comprehension.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Why on EARTH would anyone say C/O over spindles is beyond my comprehension.
smoother ride?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #36
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How are coilovers a smother ride tacokid?

because if the op is comparing between the 2 then he is obviously in the market for lift. The second you start preloaded the spring ride decreases. There is no way somewould choose 3" coilover lift leaving you with 1" downtravel when you can get 4" lift while maintaining all 4" or so of down travel AND not altering spring rate.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #37
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
All I said is I want spindles, I never said CO were a smother ride?? What are you talking about?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
How are coilovers a smother ride tacokid09? because if the op is comparing between the 2 then he is obviously in the market for lift. The second you start preloaded the spring ride decreases. There is no way somewould choose 3" coilover lift leaving you with 1" downtravel when you can get 4" lift while maintaining all 4" or so of down travel AND not altering spring rate.
i think thats what you meant? but i didnt really read the first post or havent in a while and i kinda forgot what the OP was looking for. my bad
Old 10-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #39
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
All I said is I want spindles, I never said CO were a smother ride?? What are you talking about?
holy butt munch amigo, my bad. the corrected version is up!

plus that was not really talking AT anybody it was just information in general , sorry if it sounded like i was being an ass, just throwing some useful info out there