Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Light Racing UCA bushings?

Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing UCA bushings?

I've had my Light Racing UCA's on since the spring, no more than 4000 kms since, and the other day when I did my brakes I noticed a tear in the bushings. I thought SPC had fixed this problem that the first batch had, and even the place I purchased them from confirmed these were the revised editions. I don't get it...am I screwed now? The tear seems small, but I suspect it will get worse. Has anyone else with the revised ones had this problem?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You think they will replace them? I'm more worried about having it re-occure.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
You think they will replace them? I'm more worried about having it re-occure.
Don't know , but they would know better than anyone else .
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #5

Well, looks as though they will do a warranty exchange on them. I gotta front $200 for them to send me a new pair, and then I get refunded when they recieve the old pair. They said there have been multiple redesigns on these over the years, and I probably ended up with an old pair. I don't mind doing this one more time, but if they have the same thing happen again I'm gonna be pissed!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #6

Well, got a call from SPC, and I guess they discussed this with their engineering Dept. and I guess a whole new design is coming out in Jan, and they were wondering if I can wait until then. The bushings have small tears in them after 4000 kms, so I'm wondering if they can hold out that long. Also, it is far too cold here in Jan for me to install them, so it would more than likely be late March, early April until they could go in. Anyone have an opinion on this? I told them I don't mind doing this again, but not if the same thing happens and I have to do it over and over...it'll be too much of a PITA and at $150 an alignment it could get to expensive.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #8

I just got off the phone with the engineer and got the 411 on the new design. He suggested that I wait it out and put in the new design so I only have to do it once. I'm not going to spill the beans, but the new design sounds vastly superior. Hopefully the bushings I have can hold out until next Spring when I can put in the new ones.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just got off the phone with the engineer and got the 411 on the new design. He suggested that I wait it out and put in the new design so I only have to do it once. I'm not going to spill the beans, but the new design sounds vastly superior. Hopefully the bushings I have can hold out until next Spring when I can put in the new ones.
Pm me said beans
Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
any chance you can post a pic of said tear. now i need to take a look at mine. So did you buy direct or from "toytec, wheelers etc..........? I bought my whole kit from toytec so if i have a tear, i should be covered also.....right? bought mine last spring FYI.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #11

I'll see if I can get a good shot of the tears. They aren't horrible, but they are there. I purchased mine from Fat Bobs Garage in February. The engineer said that the rubber bushings have been redesigned twice over, and they still aren't working with the amount of travel the Tacoma has. They are aware that it is a problem, and the new bushing will remedy it.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks,gotta check mine for sure.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine last dec. One side had lots of play in the bushings and BJ. The other side has tears. SPC warrantied both mine. Broke my hand so waiting to install drivers side, but have the UCA in my garage.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #17

Sorry, been busy. I'll see if I can get some up this week.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:28 AM   #18
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
this was posted 4 days ago
http://youtu.be/zOQFXa9K2CU
Old 10-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #19

Wow, that looks pretty bad. Mine just have some rips in the rubber, but don't really have any major play in them yet.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #20
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow, that looks pretty bad. Mine just have some rips in the rubber, but don't really have any major play in them yet.
yes that guy already replaced the ball joints...n then this