LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100s at 1.75!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #21
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NavyTaco View Post
From what i've read on here, anything under 3", you don't need new UCA's. correct me if i;m wrong but i thought the billy's set at 2.5 was 2.5".
You are right to a certain extent. 2.5 is right on but it rides like crap....trust me. the uca's just help the alignment. Its really hard to align it once you go to 2.5. I was thinking of going higher to but what I am going to do is set the 5100's at .85 and get eibach coils. Right at 2.7 inches and rides cushier.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #22
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok. well i'm glad you told me baecause i was going to set them high. i'll go with 1.75 and see what it looks like, i may need AAL in the rear. are you getting new UCA's with your set up? i don't really have the $$$ for all that.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh ok. well i'm glad you told me baecause i was going to set them high. i'll go with 1.75 and see what it looks like, i may need AAL in the rear. are you getting new UCA's with your set up? i don't really have the $$$ for all that.
at 1.75 you should be perfectly level.

check out my build page
I have before and after pics, mine are set at 1.75 now and it rides pretty good.
check out my build
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #24
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Would the weight of my DC make a difference? i just ordered Discoverer STT 265/75R16 and i want to get my truck level for a more aggressive look.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #25

your truck looks good, btw. thanks for the advice.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Would the weight of my DC make a difference? i just ordered Discoverer STT 265/75R16 and i want to get my truck level for a more aggressive look.
the double cabs are a little heavier in the rear, I have seen guys go .85 and 1.75 with double cabs. I think you will be fine with 1.75, best way to tell is jack up the front from the frame at .85 and then 1.75 and see what looks best. I vote 1.75, you will be fine.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #27

read this, its a double cab at 1.75
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...tsb-5100s.html

even with the tsb the truck still has a rake
Old 10-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
larry2375 is on a distinguished road

larry2375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt79 View Post
I've got 5100's all the way around. Fronts are set to 1.75, rear has TSB springs. Picked up between an inch and a half to two inches of lift all the way around and the ride is much better, especially off-road.

Nice looking truck. Can't tell difference between 1.75" and 2.5"
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #29
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2375 View Post
Nice looking truck. Can't tell difference between 1.75" and 2.5"
Thanks, Larry. Are you running 285's? If so, that's probably why it's hard to tell the difference on the lifts. I'm only running 265's.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #30
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
After reading this my understanding to level out the front with the rear WITH OUT doing any modifications in the rear is to instal the 5100s in the front at 1.5. Is this correct? Also is there a cheaper way of leveling the truck?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
After reading this my understanding to level out the front with the rear WITH OUT doing any modifications in the rear is to instal the 5100s in the front at 1.5. Is this correct? Also is there a cheaper way of leveling the truck?
Adding just the 5100's and setting them at 1.75" should make it pretty level. I have the rear tsb and set my 5100's at 1.75 and have a slight rake which I don't mind because I sit level when pulling my boat.
As far as cheaper goes, you can probably get spacers for the front but for a little extra the 5100's provide a nicer ride.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #32
larry2375 is on a distinguished road

larry2375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt79 View Post
Thanks, Larry. Are you running 285's? If so, that's probably why it's hard to tell the difference on the lifts. I'm only running 265's.
I have on 285's but they are all terrain tires, so their not too aggressive looking. Your tires match the truck nicely.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
look at my before and after on my build
set mine at 1.75 without rear tsb
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #34

my tires should be in today. i got 265/75R16 Discoverer STT and going to set the 5100s at 1.75.

i may need help getting pics up later.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #35

Quote:
my tires should be in today. i got 265/75R16 Discoverer STT and going to set the 5100s at 1.75.

i may need help getting pics up later.
good choice bud, will help with ya pics
Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #36

i have an appointment with toyota for monday morning at 8. it may not be much but i'm excited!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #37

Quote:
i have an appointment with toyota for monday morning at 8. it may not be much but i'm excited!
toyota will charge you out the ass....just saying.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #39
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
i have an '07 AC 4x4 with no TSB and billies all around...set at 1.75'' up front. sits about dead level, rides super nice. stiffer than stock, makes everything feel 'nice and tight'
Old 10-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #40
HARDCORE CARNIVORE BOW HUNTER
lynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
lynyrd3's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lynyrd3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Anybody else have pics of Bilstein's at 1.75'' just in front and preferably 265/70/16 tires?

Thanks!

-- Matt --
I do . Check out my photo gallery . Bilsteins at 1.75 in front ,bilsteins and 1 1/2 AAL in rear . 265/70 16s. And TSB in rear .
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100s at 1.75!-dscf0211.jpg