Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100s at 1.75!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Bilstein 5100s at 1.75!

Can you do this set up with stock coils? How does the truck ride?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. And probably just about the same as stock.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
for a leveled look
w/ no tsb rear leafs = set @ .85
w/ tsb rear leafs = set @ 1.75
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I did this and I have no tsb, used stock coils. I also have an access cab. You will want to do 1.75 and yes you can use stock coils. truck is still lower in front by 1/2 of an inch

look at before and after on my build page
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 5100's all the way around. Fronts are set to 1.75, rear has TSB springs. Picked up between an inch and a half to two inches of lift all the way around and the ride is much better, especially off-road.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
So when you install Bilstein 5100's all around, and have the front set at 1.75" to level out, are the rear shocks set at 0", or are rear Bilstein's non-adjustable and are just installed?

Thanks,

-- Matt --
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
So when you install Bilstein 5100's all around, and have the front set at 1.75" to level out, are the rear shocks set at 0", or are rear Bilstein's non-adjustable and are just installed?

Thanks,

-- Matt --
the rear 5100's are not adjustable
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post

Thanks,

-- Matt --

No adjustment for the rear, just a better ride. The rear lift is determined by the leaf pack.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of my access cab 4x4 with the rear tsb done and 1.75 billys (stock coils) in the front to give you an idea.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Ok thanks guys. I am just thinking about getting Bilstein 5100's all around with the fronts set at 1.75'' to level out, and just had some clarifications.

Thanks!

-- Matt --
Old 09-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the input!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Anybody else have pics of Bilstein's at 1.75'' just in front and preferably 265/70/16 tires?

Thanks!

-- Matt --
Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
Jared or anyone else...I keep reading that the 5100s for the rear are two long without a lift. Is this true for a 2011 DC TRD off road? I called 4Wheel Parts and they had never heard this. I am thinking the threads I read were for 1st gens.

Can I go with the 5100s in the rear or do I need to go with 5125s?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMountainToy View Post
Jared or anyone else...I keep reading that the 5100s for the rear are two long without a lift. Is this true for a 2011 DC TRD off road? I called 4Wheel Parts and they had never heard this. I am thinking the threads I read were for 1st gens.

Can I go with the 5100s in the rear or do I need to go with 5125s?

Thanks
For a stock (or even slightly lifted) rear, the 5100's do just fine. The issue was 5100's can be too short for a lifted rear and top out causing the shock to break.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
LD PRERUNNER is on a distinguished road
Name: Larry
LD PRERUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
BILLY 5100 FRONT AND BACK 1.75 FRONT/STOCK REAR
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100s at 1.75!-img_0245.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #16
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if i want to set my front 5100s at 2.5 what lift would i need in the rear to level it?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #17
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NavyTaco View Post
if i want to set my front 5100s at 2.5 what lift would i need in the rear to level it?
just an aal in the back/1.5 inches, good luck with alignment though
once you get over 2.5 you might want to consider new uca's down the road
Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
From what i've read on here, anything under 3", you don't need new UCA's. correct me if i;m wrong but i thought the billy's set at 2.5 was 2.5".
Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #19
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
I like those WHEELS--Sharp!!! I like SHINY.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NavyTaco View Post
From what i've read on here, anything under 3", you don't need new UCA's. correct me if i;m wrong but i thought the billy's set at 2.5 was 2.5".
You are right to a certain extent. 2.5 is right on but it rides like crap....trust me. the uca's just help the alignment. Its really hard to align it once you go to 2.5. I was thinking of going higher to but what I am going to do is set the 5100's at .85 and get eibach coils. Right at 2.7 inches and rides cushier.