Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear leaf springs

Old 09-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
07dirtrunner is on a distinguished road
07dirtrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Rear leaf springs

Not sure if I am in the right thread but here goes:
I have a 07 tacoma 4x4 ext. cab 6 cylinder. 61400 miles.
Last friday I was leaving some areas where I had used 4 high to get in and out of and there wae a big bang and then every bump sounded like the wheels were going to come out from under it. (no weight on it at all) I had someone listen to it and they said that it was deffinatly coming from the rear end. after getting home and jacking it up I found that I had broken the passenger rear leaf spring. It has the 2 leaf's and the overload. The broken one was the 2nd leaf just ahead of the axel. completly clean break. I thought this to be very odd. I just had it it replaced today for $860.00 they said they could not tell me why it had broken like that. After researching this I found your forum. I have noticed (since it was new) that when I put a couple of hundred pounds of material in it I will bottom out easily on any bump.
Do you think this falls into the leaf spring TSB? I feel that over $800.00 it too much for repair. (this was the local dealer). I have read that this has been an issue and want to know if I can recoop some of the repair cost and get the thing fixed right.
Please let me know if it is worth persuing with Toyota.
Thank you
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You are over the age and miles that the TSB covers.