Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Taking sway bar off?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Taking sway bar off?

I am getting new suspension stuff soon, and someone told me to get the most out of it, i should take my sway bar off.. Seem's kind of scary! haha
Thoughts?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
it has been discussed here quite a bit lately. some say yes some say no way.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
it has been discussed here quite a bit lately. some say yes some say no way.
I figured, i should have done a search.. But I totally spaced
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
TACOMA 2011
2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about
Name: aaron
2011TACOMAWHR's Tacoma Gallery
I love not having my swaybar also it does take alittle getting used to
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
take it off! makes a world of difference
Old 09-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely takes some getting use to, but once mine was off and I went offroading, never though about it again! It CAN feel hairy taking offramps at 75, but at the same time it feels good feeling the body roll and not actually rolling the truck. When it all straightens back up and u feel it go back into place, it's like, "O fuck that was tight." I can only imagine how it looks from outside the vehicle- awesome I bet. You can always put it back on, RayJay, just takes a few bolts and an extra helping hand if anything. I bet you'll love it after you're first week.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
When it all straightens back up and u feel it go back into place, it's like, "O fuck that was tight."
Ahahahahahahahahhahah

Yeah I think im going to experiment with it a little bit!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Ahahahahahahahahhahah

Yeah I think im going to experiment with it a little bit!
LOL I'm still finding the sig hilarious. So much going on right there: you've got Matt and Will watching the extraction, dirt kicking up in the air, the ford being pulled, me running like a bitch. O man, that's good stuff.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
LOL I'm still finding the sig hilarious. So much going on right there: you've got Matt and Will watching the extraction, dirt kicking up in the air, the ford being pulled, me running like a bitch. O man, that's good stuff.

Hahahahahahhahaha. yeah dude, still makes me chuckle from time to time!
There is a lot going on! hahahahaha. Good times
Old 09-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
I am getting new suspension stuff soon, and someone told me to get the most out of it, i should take my sway bar off.. Seem's kind of scary! haha
Thoughts?

Probably want to read this thread before deciding:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bar-back.html

The essential essence of the question is: do you have a daily/regularly street driven truck that you also take on some pretty tough trails? (leave it on) or do you have a trail truck that you sometimes drive on the street? (take it off.)
Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...It CAN feel hairy taking offramps at 75, but at the same time it feels good feeling the body roll and not actually rolling the truck. When it all straightens back up and u feel it go back into place, it's like, "O fuck that was tight."
Funnily enough, I personally don't seek to modify my truck in ways that make it so that freeway offramps become an "O fuck, that was tight!" moment.

Not bashing on you man; your truck, your life, your decisions.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i still say take it off. i took mine off and havent looked back.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
first hand experience http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bar-back.html you may want to read. Hope nobody goes thru what I did. Still gives me the creeps thinking my son might not see his dad again.. It all boils down to individuals preference or priorities
Yeah, i saw that a little bit ago, glad your alright man. Could have been bad :/
Makes me think twice
Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
it really boils down to how you drive on the street and how good of a driver you are. the offroad benifits are great, but on road you will feel like your driving a yacht around town. the body lean is pretty bad even in my books plus im a bit of an agressive drive since i live in atlanta. i have ahd mine of for nearly half a year now. i will say that if you park your truck on an uneven surface daily it could cause your front springs to sag. yes this is all from personal experence of mine. if you have any questions just ask and ill answer as best i can.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #16
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
it really boils down to how you drive on the street and how good of a driver you are. the offroad benifits are great, but on road you will feel like your driving a yacht around town. the body lean is pretty bad even in my books plus im a bit of an agressive drive since i live in atlanta. i have ahd mine of for nearly half a year now. i will say that if you park your truck on an uneven surface daily it could cause your front springs to sag. yes this is all from personal experence of mine. if you have any questions just ask and ill answer as best i can.
Thanks man! good advice! will do.. Its quite the decision!

"You will feel like a yacht driving around town"
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
first hand experience http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bar-back.html you may want to read. Hope nobody goes thru what I did. Still gives me the creeps thinking my son might not see his dad again.. It all boils down to individuals preference or priorities

do you have a spacer lift by chance?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #18
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
do you have a spacer lift by chance?
I was JUST thinking that
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
Banned
i guess if you have a spacer lift or stock shocks the lean is really bad.

i have billies and eibachs, it doesnt really lean too bad in the corners at all... i would feel conforable going from freeway to freeway (onramp) at 90 without a swap bar.

everyone i know that has their sway bar off loves it besides the people that have spacer lifts
Old 09-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
It says in his information he has a procomp suspension lift, no spacers.