Notices

Pro Comp 3" lift

Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
rafranko is on a distinguished road
Army: civilian, TRADOC
Name: Rob
rafranko's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp 3" lift

Looking for recommendations on where to order a pro comp 3" lift from. Online best i can find is about 460 w/o shipping. I've seen older threads where members were getting much better prices on this lift. Suggestions appreciated.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Its an ok lift...

Id look for something of a bit better quality. However this comes with more money.

I think I paid around 450 for mine shipped. but that was a few years ago.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
rafranko is on a distinguished road
Army: civilian, TRADOC
Name: Rob
rafranko's Tacoma Gallery
issues

so you've had experience with this lift? what kind of issues did you run into?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Since ProComp is owned by the same parent company as 4 Wheel Parts, 4WP is probably going to have the best price.

Be aware that the springs on that lift are the stiffest springs available for our Tacomas (I've heard 720lb/inch) stiffer than OME 886, stiffer than ICON coilover, stiffer than Eibach.

So not really recommended unless you're running a heavy bumper and winch. Check StuntManHans' thread for his experience.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
RBPTaco is on a distinguished road
RBPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just had one installed by 4wp and i love mine
Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafranko View Post
so you've had experience with this lift? what kind of issues did you run into?
I still run my lift..

No issues really...just rides stiff as hell. Skips over speed bumps when going slow....doesnt absorb much when hitting them fast (ish). Its just a budget lift that shows in ride quality.

Im also running a double cab (heaviest) and the ride is rough. So if you are running a lighter truck it can only be rougher.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
Conviction11's Tacoma Gallery
I have the pro comp 3" lift and it's a bit stiff, but still rides fine to me. I had trouble compressing the springs so I paid a shop 250.00 to put it on and to do the alignment.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheelparts is have a sale oct 8 and you can probably going in get the lift for cheap and also I would recommend going in early so you can set up an appointment to get it install that day because its 50% off install
Old 10-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
No offense but I wouldnt waste time getting this lift. Trust me I've had it and I hated it. I personally called ProComp about the ride quality and a few other issues they advertise with the lift. First off it is a 718# coil up front, which is absolute overkill. I have a dbl cab, and the ride was total crap. They also claim that you can run 33x12.5x17 without new UCAs and that you will have perfect alignment. Crap. Even after doing the tire chalk test, and having a few different shops look at it, including my buddies, they all said that it is impossible to have proper alignment with that kit. When I brought it up to ProComp, they said sorry your problem. You'll regret it from the moment you put it on. More problems than good.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
I have stock uca, more than 10000 miles on the lift tires wear even. But I rotate tires every 5000 miles. Rides softer now than when first installed even with swaybar on. . Got 33 inch tires btw
you sir are the only one ive heard say good things about this kit. not trying to discredit you, im just merely stating my experiences so that others can get both good and bad when trying to decide.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
I have this kit, its affordable and gets you up there. but it rides really stiff even with a front bumper. Coilovers on the way!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
As noted above, procomps overly stiff springs, paired with their twin-tube shocks, lead to quite a harsh ride when compared with other lift kits.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
What coil overs are you getting? Been trying to convince mrs on kings but no luck so far lol.
A used set of Sway aways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
As noted above, procomps overly stiff springs, paired with their twin-tube shocks, lead to quite a harsh ride when compared with other lift kits.
X2.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #14
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Pogiboy;3832945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
A used set of Sway

How many inches will that lift give you. So the heavy bumper didn't improve the ride?
All coilovers give 3".
Old 10-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #15
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
All coilovers give 3".
All coilovers CAN give 3"

They can be set to whatever height between 0 and 3" you desire
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
So the heavy bumper didn't improve the ride?
The bumper helped a little but it still rides like crap on every bump on the road.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #17
Resident Fishing Expert

Any of you guys think the rear is stiff as hell as well?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #18
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Any of you guys think the rear is stiff as hell as well?
Yeah, but im more worried about the front
Old 10-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
Resident Fishing Expert

Ill have to get around to doin the chalk test soon. I think I have high ply tires as well which cant help.

Sanding my grill as we speak ahaha.