LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

bilstein 5100 question

Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
04dooktaco is on a distinguished road
04dooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100 question

I know im beating a dead horse with this topic and I'm sure somewhere in all the search topics my question could be answered but... I recently bought bilstein 5100s for the front of my truck (2004 doublecab prerunner),and as of now dont plan on lifting the rear but may add AAL later. My question is would 1.75" be the best setting to level the truck with no lift in the rear? I was considering 2.5" but thought the front might be way too high at that setting. Anyone running 5100s in the front at 1.75" or 2.5" with no lift in rear with pics? Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles on the truck?

If your factory coils are worn and sagging you won't achieve the amount listed, it will be more like 2 for 2.5 and 1 for 1.75.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04dooktaco View Post
I know im beating a dead horse with this topic and I'm sure somewhere in all the search topics my question could be answered but... I recently bought bilstein 5100s for the front of my truck (2004 doublecab prerunner),and as of now dont plan on lifting the rear but may add AAL later. My question is would 1.75" be the best setting to level the truck with no lift in the rear? I was considering 2.5" but thought the front might be way too high at that setting. Anyone running 5100s in the front at 1.75" or 2.5" with no lift in rear with pics? Thanks
The settings for 1st gen 5100's are 0", 1", and 2.5". There is no 1.75".
Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Roughly 105,000 miles on the truck. Thanks for the replies
Old 10-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
change of mind???

Well now after reading more threads and posts I'm really considering some OME coils with the billys set at 0. But I'm afraid the front will be noticeably higher than the rear. I'm looking for the best ride and to level the truck without making any changes to the rear. Any suggestions or remarks?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
depends how much lift you want in the end. if you want 2 inches, then go with the 2.5 inch setting or ) with OME coils. but dont put it at 1 if you want 2 inches because you would have to take them off again and redo it
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04dooktaco View Post
I'm really considering some OME coils with the billys set at 0.
This is a great setup, IMHO, but it will likely require some kind of lift in the rear to keep things level. (Stock leafs are notoriously succeptible to sagging, which will only make the front lift appear even more pronounced.)
Old 10-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
What about the 880s? That appears to be the right amount of lift to level the truck but it seems they aren't typically used with double cabs because of the weight. Could the 880s do the job or should I bypass them and just get 881s and be prepared to lift the rear?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
I think it all depends on the condition of your existing suspension. Estimated lift numbers are based on the difference from non-sagging, stock springs. If yours are shot (like mine were) you COULD end up with "more" than the advertised lift. For example, 881s gave me about 2.5" of lift, in spite of their 1.75-2" rating. My leafs similarly provided about 2" of lift in spite of their 1.5" rating.