Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA protection

Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
UCA protection

Ok, Im about to buy eather the TC UCA or the Icon UCA. Is the TC UCAs really that open and exposed to the elements? They don't make any type of cover for the uni ball? I drive from Calli to Idaho pretty much every month and the weather can be pretty shitty. Snow storms, dust storms. wet and muddy. And they salt the roads everyware. I know everyone says the TC are the shit, but I don't want to spend $700 to $1000 on UCAs just to rebuild them in a few years. The Icons say they have a dust cap, but on Icons sight, their UCAs don't look that sealed up eather. Any suggestions? Could I make something that would protect the uni ball more? Some sort of rubber boot?
Old 11-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
Get creative, maybe use a balloon or something like that and put it over the uniball when you install it.

I would go with the TC or Allpro, Its hard to justify UCAs that are 1000 bucks.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine. In the last 2 years, I have put mine thru some harsh testing. I even let some wet concrete dry on them, as well as left them submerged in about 2.5 feet of lake water. They will be fine.