Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I'm all talk and no action until now

Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all talk and no action until now

For a while ive been wanting a lift switching back and fourth about what lifts and this past month i was close to ordering a RCD 4.5 lift which i really really like but everyone doesnt like the DB lift and now that done research i have a feeling i might regret getting it bc of cutting the crossmember but the new crossmemeber is a lot stronger with the lift. Recently i have been interested with a 3' in lift but i want a little taller than that but just with still constinting the same parts at having a 3in lift but no spacers at all those spacers are garbage so any member can help me getting what i want, which is the having a 4 in lift with out a DB and spacers, while running 33's with NO rubbing Please some one help me ohh and price is no concern
Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
LONG TRAVEL!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Assuming you're 4x4, anything much greater then 3" can cause potential premature wear of the CV.

As for the NO rubbing, you'll probably have to cut some to get that, it's almost inevitable.

RCD 4.5" Lift isn't bad if that's what you like.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
to get 4 inches of lift with a 4x4 you would need long travel
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Okay heres anyother thing ive been looking at long travel and all i see is cutting side fenders and putting custom bumpers i dont need to put that correct

and I am 4x4
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Assuming you're 4x4, anything much greater then 3" can cause potential premature wear of the CV.

As for the NO rubbing, you'll probably have to cut some to get that, it's almost inevitable.

RCD 4.5" Lift isn't bad if that's what you like.
I like the RCD lift its just the DB is the problem and ill prob get new UCAs and something else to fx the cv boot angles
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
1. It's called a punctuation
2. if price is no concern, do a SAS on the front
3. if that's a little too much, then get some Icon Coil-overs and the All-Pro Standard Leaf pack with U-Bolt flip kit (unless it's just for looks) and new bump stops (unless it's just for looks)
4. Fuck it. Long Travel with Fox Remote Resi's front and back
Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
Okay heres anyother thing ive been looking at long travel and all i see is cutting side fenders and putting custom bumpers i dont need to put that correct

and I am 4x4

You cut the fenders for long travel because you have, well, longer travel.

If you HONESTLY have an unlimited budget... SAS. Legitimately the rarest thing to see on a 2nd Gen Tacoma. And absolutely badass
Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
1. It's called a punctuation
2. if price is no concern, do a SAS on the front
3. if that's a little too much, then get some Icon Coil-overs and the All-Pro Standard Leaf pack with U-Bolt flip kit (unless it's just for looks) and new bump stops (unless it's just for looks)
4. Fuck it. Long Travel with Fox Remote Resi's front and back
No not for looks i want to start offroading with out getting scared going through sh*t with stock stuff

And SAS is that a lift???
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
okay scratch no price range how about $3000 or less $4000 is just a little bit to much
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
I dont want LT kits im not desert racing or anything its just not common for my part of texas that i live in so maybe LT kits are out
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Solid Axel Swap. If you wanna do harder stuff for off roading, best thing to do. It is NOT cheap, but...

Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
No not for looks i want to start offroading with out getting scared going through sh*t with stock stuff

And SAS is that a lift???
You would have to do a solid axle conversion (sac) not a solid axle swap (sas) cause you don't have a solid axle already
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
wow SAS is to much im just going through Texas country no big rock climbing haha
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Just go Standard Mid-Travel with that budget!

CO's - King, Icon or Fox
UCA - TC, Camburg, LR
Rear Leafs - All-Pro, Dakar's or Deaver's
Rear Shocks - Match with whatever you use for the front

DONE
Old 09-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #16
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Conversion, Swap, whatever. Swapping out the IFS for a Solid Axle
Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

CO's - King, Icon or Fox
UCA - TC, Camburg, LR

DONE
This and you meet your price range and it wont disapoint and you can off road and onroad
Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

CO's - King, Icon or Fox
UCA - TC, Camburg, LR

DONE
okay and the max lift i would get will be 3' right including if i run 33's??
Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #19
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahah SAS wayyyy too pro for me
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Put some rockwells under that mutha licka and that shit will be a beast