LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

all-pro or dakar?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #41
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
Anybody have experience with Alcan?
Kenney (06rubi) has had them since march of this year and they are allready have negative arch.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #42
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
add your numbers to the thread on Dakar measurements here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...surements.html

I'll grab some current ones and post them up
Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #44
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
looking for more input on the standard all pro 3" leaf pack......my stock non-tsb springs are frowning and looking to lift soon and I'm doing my research on an alternative to the dakars, since they are $$$ and I don't carry/haul heavy stuff often...any takers on this one? an AAL is out of the question at this point.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #45
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
looking for more input on the standard all pro 3" leaf pack......my stock non-tsb springs are frowning and looking to lift soon and I'm doing my research on an alternative to the dakars, since they are $$$ and I don't carry/haul heavy stuff often...any takers on this one? an AAL is out of the question at this point.
the regular All Pros will also eventually sag as well (don't take my word, I do not have them). I'd get the Expos or the Dakars if it were me.

Search on here and there are plenty of complaints that the regular pack tends to sag after awhile.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #46
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I got a full 3" lift front & back.
885s up front trim packer no spacer. Dakars in rear.
Didn't measure center hub to fender before lift, did fender to ground before and after.
After I did center hub to fender 24 1/4" with full tank of gas.
Great ride on & off road.
Still need to get my wheel well fillers.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #47
CurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Curtis
CurboCycles's Tacoma Gallery
I put on the standard All-Pro pack yesterday along with the longer 5100s. I LOVE the setup compared to stock and I got 3" of lift on both sides....my right rear is 1.25" taller than my left for some reason. Also, i welded the bump stops onto my flip plate and created a 1" spacer to lift the stock brake lines off the axle.

More info here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...f-springs.html
Old 01-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #48
zeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

zeropresence's Tacoma Gallery
Do all Dakar packs have a overload spring it them? I see a lot of Dakars on here with either overload or add a leaf. Do they come standard without? I don't see either in this photo: http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-7251

I'm in between the Dakar or Expo pack. I have a double cab with a snugtop and I don't want a overload or add a leaf.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #49
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars come with 2 overloads

You can add another leaf to the pack , it is an OME AAL , the d29xl which adds approx 5/8" of lift to the pack
Old 01-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #50
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
need new spring packs....im looking at 2.75in dakars or 3in allpro's...
i dont always carry heavy loads but i do once in awhile..my main concern is a smooth ride and great flex....how you guys use and like these springs? anyone try them both?
Smooth ride and great flex ?
Neither.
Deaver is what you want as long as you don't have a need to haul heavy loads.
Deaver specializes in high lift/high flex.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #51
Hurray for Zoidberg!
tacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud of

Name: John Zoidberg
tacoman_KC's Tacoma Gallery
I've got no complaints on my All Pro's. I've hauled a few heavy loads of 500lbs and they handled it very well. However be aware that the all pro's will sometimes squeak when you hit bumps. Overall though, I am happy with them.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
zeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman_KC View Post
I've got no complaints on my All Pro's. I've hauled a few heavy loads of 500lbs and they handled it very well. However be aware that the all pro's will sometimes squeak when you hit bumps. Overall though, I am happy with them.

Do you have the expos or standard?

It's a 2 wheel drive so all the offroading I do is in the desert and mostly high speed stuff, so I'm not looking for an overload spring. The only thing that has me worried about the Allpro standard pack is my camper shell and I carry 8 gallons of gas in the bed. I also will be putting a full size spare in the stock spare hanger. I don't tow or carry anything else. I have Fox C/O RR with Camberg UCA and Fox bumps in the front so I'd like to keep it level. If I go with the Expo pack I'm worried the rear end might be too high.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #54

Thanks. I'm looking at doing a 2.5 shock and I've heard Icon makes one, my 2.0 fox's are right against the frame. I wonder how a 2.5 fits. My plan is to sell the Fox 2.0 and get an extended length shock as I need that anyway for the 3'' springs.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
Get the new 2.0 10in icons like I have except get the resivors on them and you'll be more then happy !!!! I don't high speed much so I don't need the resi's ....
I would like to go 2.5. But thank you for the feedback on the Expo, I think that's the route I'm going to go. Anyone running Expos or standards with a shell?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #57
Hurray for Zoidberg!
tacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud of

Name: John Zoidberg
tacoman_KC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropresence View Post
Do you have the expos or standard?

It's a 2 wheel drive so all the offroading I do is in the desert and mostly high speed stuff, so I'm not looking for an overload spring. The only thing that has me worried about the Allpro standard pack is my camper shell and I carry 8 gallons of gas in the bed. I also will be putting a full size spare in the stock spare hanger. I don't tow or carry anything else. I have Fox C/O RR with Camberg UCA and Fox bumps in the front so I'd like to keep it level. If I go with the Expo pack I'm worried the rear end might be too high.

Thanks for any feedback.
They are the standard set I believe.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #58
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
The only time I don't like my Dakars is when I drive over speed bumps at any speed other than a crawl.

They flex just fine though and overall I really like them and I'd buy them again if I needed to.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #59
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my expos on for a couple weeks now and they are way better than the stupid lift block and add-a-leaf were
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #60
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I've had both.
My dakars were great, flexed alot (check my build), I towed alot when I had them and they were great.

Now I have ap 3" leafs on my new truck. I have a loaded toolbox and steel CBI rear bumper. I like these leafs alot too. I've still towed with them just fine. I got them to be a little smoother at high speeds. Paired with kings they're doing just fine.