LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

all-pro or dakar?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #81
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Dakar
All pro
Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #82
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Dakar
Old 01-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #83
zeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

zeropresence's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Allpro vs Dakar debate isn't really comparable cause the Dakar has TWO overload springs, this is not a offroad spring pack. It's a practical and everyday use pack. You don't run overload springs for dirt applications if you can help it. It's the worst thing to limit/stop the flex of your leaf pack. More shock, shocks valved to your truck and/or hydraulic bump stops are the way to do this. Not a piece of flat metal stopping flex. I'm not saying anything bad about the Dakars, but in my opinion have Dakars have a different application than say Deavers or Allpros. Show me a good long travel SUA setup with a good shock that has an overload.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #84
shooter3225 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
shooter3225's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropresence View Post
I think the Allpro vs Dakar debate isn't really comparable cause the Dakar has TWO overload springs, this is not a offroad spring pack. It's a practical and everyday use pack. You don't run overload springs for dirt applications if you can help it. It's the worst thing to limit/stop the flex of your leaf pack. More shock, shocks valved to your truck and/or hydraulic bump stops are the way to do this. Not a piece of flat metal stopping flex. I'm not saying anything bad about the Dakars, but in my opinion have Dakars have a different application than say Deavers or Allpros. Show me a good long travel SUA setup with a good shock that has an overload.
The thing is Im not really going to be having a heavy load in my bed hardly ever. MAYBE once in a while I might have a couple hundred lbs in there if Im hauling something, but thats a rarity. Im looking for something that will perform great offroad. Obviously if I have to haul something or carry something heavy in my bed I dont want the leafs to get warped, but 95% of the time I wont have any weight back there. What would be a good alternative to the Dakars then? I thought the Expos were similar and for hauling/towing a lot of weight.

Would the Deavers be a better option for me then?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #85
zeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeropresence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter3225 View Post
The thing is Im not really going to be having a heavy load in my bed hardly ever. MAYBE once in a while I might have a couple hundred lbs in there if Im hauling something, but thats a rarity. Im looking for something that will perform great offroad. Obviously if I have to haul something or carry something heavy in my bed I dont want the leafs to get warped, but 95% of the time I wont have any weight back there. What would be a good alternative to the Dakars then? I thought the Expos were similar and for hauling/towing a lot of weight.

Would the Deavers be a better option for me then?
Deavers J66 pack = no weight. Honestly this pack sucks, I know friends whom have fatigued this pack within a year with no weight. Deaver makes great springs but this J66 bolt on pack is not worth it.

Allpro Standard = Best bet for you.

Allpro Expo = Allpro says 400lb - 500lb at all times. It flexs but you need a lot of weight.

Or you can make a custom pack. Deaver will make one and so will a few other spring companies that resell to places like Allpro.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
The overloads have not stopped flex for me, hit mine to the bumpstops this weekend.

The overloads are meant to keep your leaf pack from going into negative arch which prevents damage to them
If you have enough shock that won't happen. Better ways to solve the problem. Every stock truck as a overload from the factory. The way the 2nd gen's springs sit over the axle the stock springs are almost in negative arch in the driveway
Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #87

Quote:
What won't happen?

The springs sitting over the axle have nothing to do with the reason they are in a negative arch in the driveway, it has to do with the fact that the stock springs are worthless
I meant enough shock will keep you away from negative arch.

As for sitting in the driveway it has to do with both. A good thread on SOA vs SUA. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=170158
Old 01-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #89
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
ive had nothing but good experiences with the AP expo springs..they are great on the trail while still having the needed flex. they feel good driving around town. and they handle weight well, especialy towing..
Old 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #90

Quote:
Letting the shock be the bumpstop is not the right answer, but you go ahead and let your shock limit uptravel and let me know how that turns out
Pretty sure I said:

More shock, shocks valved to your truck and/or hydraulic bump stops are the way to do this

Either way I'm done with this thread. Both springs are great everyone is awesome high five super job.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #91
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any opinions on the expo pack with OME N182's? i don't see a problem with the set up, but I'm leaning towards all pro over OME now, but already have the N182's with 2" blocks
Old 03-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #92
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
ive had nothing but good experiences with the AP expo springs..they are great on the trail while still having the needed flex. they feel good driving around town. and they handle weight well, especialy towing..
I often masturbate to your truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #93
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
anyone have any opinions on the expo pack with OME N182's? i don't see a problem with the set up, but I'm leaning towards all pro over OME now, but already have the N182's with 2" blocks
you need a 10in shock for the expos....if there 10in or very close then theyll be fine as OME is quality stuff........
with that said i love my expo packs....tthey ride stiff with no weight but still wayyyyyyyy better then stock did, and my 10in icon shocks are night and day difference to the 5100's...........loving my set up and great flex also..with or with out weight
Old 03-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #94
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know the ext length of the icons? Can't find anywhere?? Would like to run the icon 2.0 or 2.5 with the AP standards what what to check lengths? I know that pack flexes to 26.5" or so!

From my experience the overload does not affect anything at slower speed flexing/crawling etc. Once you start flexing your leaf with speed...you'll realize an overload leaf should not be there. 2 diff springs packs for 2 diff applications. The AP expos are built for weight but will blow through the dakars at speed!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #96
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #97
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #98
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
Just ask for the 10in smooth body 2.0 they have run to spare flexed out or in.... Not sure of open length offhand
Where from? Wheelers has the 2.0 internal resi, 2.0 external resi (the ones I was looking at) and the 2.5 external resi!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #99
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
In the factory shock location you won't find a perfect fit. Shocks that have the droop I want are too long at collapsed length. So I'm totally going to get some quotes on shock hoops
Old 03-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #100
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Wait, what the.........