Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

all-pro or dakar?

Old 04-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #102
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
Can the All Pro standard leaf pack handle washboard and whoops at 50+mph? Planning on Icon 2.5” rears in the near future and need a leaf pack to match. I know a Deaver J66 would be better for me, just question the longevity of the Deavers.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #103
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
No standerd springs will handle whoops at 50mph without bottoming out the bumps causing the rear to severely buck uncontrollably possibly making you wreck or causing major damage to the frame and other suspension components..
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #104
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I dont want to do 50mph through whoops with my spring under kit and big 2.5's!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #105
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
lol death will ensue! Depends on the "whoops" but in most cases a standard type of rear spring will not make instant race truck... Just like having 35" tires doesnt mean you can roll over anything in your path, you still need good lines.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #106

LOL, I had no idea. I’d imagine its got better then my stockers with an AAL. So I would need a LT rear setup for what Im asking? “Whoops, Washboards” I’m probably using wrong terminology. Just something for rough terrain.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #107
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to be going to the allpro standard pack pretty soon. No dez here so I dont hit any thing with real speed, just good washboard, ruts, and occasional whoop in the road. I do more rough trail crawling than anything with speed. The standard pack will do me just fine and probably you too, as long as you are smart about using the skinny pedal through rough stuff.

I'm not claiming to know all on any of this, so make sure you do your research! Don't take my word for it
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
I'm going to be going to the allpro standard pack pretty soon. No dez here so I dont hit any thing with real speed, just good washboard, ruts, and occasional whoop in the road. I do more rough trail crawling than anything with speed. The standard pack will do me just fine and probably you too, as long as you are smart about using the skinny pedal through rough stuff.

I'm not claiming to know all on any of this, so make sure you do your research! Don't take my word for it
Yeah, thats more of type of terrain I was describing, or meant to come across. I also don’t have that type of desert terrain here, just couldn’t put it in the right words.