Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

all-pro or dakar?

Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Dakars , but they can be stiff when unloaded .

My 200lb Leer cap seems to be just enough weight to engage them and they are a bit smoother
Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
So far I've heard good things about the Expo leaf packs made for All-Pro by some southeast Asian company.

I'll be going with Dakars with AALs myself; ordering 'em next week.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
So far I've heard good things about the Expo leaf packs made for All-Pro by some southeast Asian company.

I'll be going with Dakars with AALs myself; ordering 'em next week.
lol...dakars with an aal? how much lift you looking for?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
do they flex well? everyone talks about the allpros being great flexers...i have my spare and a steel plate rear bumper along with some tools and highlift so i have about 300lbs of extra weight at all times with me....
I've got Dakars, and with 300 lbs they ride great.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #8
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where you guys finding the best prices?
also i have 5100's out back should i get shock extensions? i dont have the extra cash for new shocks ontop of new springs :/
you will need shock extenders or new extended travel rear shocks once you go with a new leaf pack
Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The d29xl is the OME AAL for the Dakars .

It adds approx 5/8" of lift
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The d29xl is the OME AAL for the Dakars .

It adds approx 5/8" of lift
It's really an overload spring for heavy loads though. 5/8" is probably the thickness of the leaf itself if I had to guess.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
It's really an overload spring for heavy loads though. 5/8" is probably the thickness of the leaf itself if I had to guess.
I don't think it is just an additional overload , and I am pretty sure it installs as an additional leaf

In fact Sierrahesky just had his up for sale and they are identical to the regular leafs in the pack , not the overloads
Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I only have experience with the allpros but I love my expedition pack. the ride height empty isn't as much as I thought it would be and the ride is better than my old shot leafs and aal. It can also handle a load very well. I'd say 300lbs they would ride amazing, but at 0lbs they ride damn good.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
3 to 4 inches.

Quote:
where you guys finding the best prices?
also i have 5100's out back should i get shock extensions? i dont have the extra cash for new shocks ontop of new springs :/
Amazon has them at the same prices as everyone else, but with free shipping. That ends up being less out of pocket total than anywhere else I've shopped because shipping is super expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Negative. It is an add-in leaf for increased spring rate and an additional 15mm of lift, per OME's website.

Quote:
I don't think it is just an additional overload , and I am pretty sure it installs as an additional leaf

In fact Sierrahesky just had his up for sale and they are identical to the regular leafs in the pack , not the overloads
This is correct. It adds load capacity and lift.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #16

Quote:
jandrews-thanx for all the help...how you liking that front bumper? i love it..what did that run you if you dont mind me asking...i couldnt find it on ato's posts or site..feel free to pm me if you like
No problem. I can't say enough good things about that Hybrid. And it's built like a tank. If you compare it to pictures of the old AP Hybrid:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...r-575-a-2.html

You'll notice the AP doesn't have anywhere near the kind of reinforcement and bracing that the ATO model does. Yes, it's lighter, but it's not gonna take punishment.

As for pricing, PM Kevin about that one. He was finalizing pricing for that bumper design during my build. I essentially told him to do what he needed to do to get it right and bill me. My total cost was for 3 PIAA lights and the bumper, and I don't know what portion was which.

I can say it will be competitive with the pricing of other bumpers on the market
Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #18
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

Negative. It is an add-in leaf for increased spring rate and an additional 15mm of lift, per OME's website.

This is correct. It adds load capacity and lift.
Quote:

Whoopsie, my bad.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #20
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I went with All-Pro expos, only because I have a 200+lb shell that I keep on all the time (Got nowhere to put it if I took it off). All-Pro IS notorious for shoddy customer service, and my experience with them was probably 4 out of 10. Haven't installed them yet, planning on it this month, remind me and I'll let you know what I think.