Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How do we feel? Fox coilover package with TC UCA's

View Poll Results: Fox Suspension or ICON?
Fox Shocks front and rear 17 50.00%
ICON shocks front and rear 17 50.00%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
JRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant futureJRSYJAY has a brilliant future

Name: u need to ask?
JRSYJAY's Tacoma Gallery
keep saving and go with a pro comp stage II. thats what im doing... saving that is!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:13 AM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankakashane View Post
Been looking into this kit. Any thoughts? http://offroadwarehouse.com/products...roductID/39119
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05updonahoetacoma.htm

Remote Resi Icon's with TC UCA's, or you can go with camburg if you want. No sales tax from wheelers and they pay shipping on all ICON Coilovers. You can talk to them and they might even give you a TW discount. If not then go through Downsouth Motorsports. They take care of TW members and have the best customer service around. I would go with Kings or ICONs personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSYJAY View Post
keep saving and go with a pro comp stage II. thats what im doing... saving that is!
Don't go drop bracket, just stick with a good 3" lift.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i love my fox set up.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I have camburg uppers with the foxes on a first gen and love them, and I beat on my truck pretty good.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ummm....that Fox set up blows Pro crap away....
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
motoxmann is on a distinguished road
motoxmann's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the same setup I'm running on my truck and I love it. Everything rides great and the install and alignment with the UCAs was easy. My only complaint about my setup is that I went with an AAL in the back vs a new leaf pack, and it rides like s&!t. Otherwise I'm very happy with the setup.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
frankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to behold

Navy: VAQ-138 Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Frank
frankakashane's Tacoma Gallery
After much more research, this is what i have on the needed list to make this lift complete:

-Front coilovers , Either ICON or Fox extended travel
-Rear resi Shocks, Again either ICON or Fox
-Upper control arms, TC or camburg seem to be the best choices
-2" AAL or Leaf pack, Depending on end price (trying to stay under 2500$)
-New steel brake lines front and back
-Diff Drop
-Driveline carrier bearing drop kit

I am going to be doing much more research, and everyones inputs so far have been very helpful. and I will continue taking critiques and inputs from anyone with more experience with these products. Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nawwwwww dont do this.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After much more research, this is what i have on the needed list to make this lift complete:

-Diff Drop

I am going to be doing much more research, and everyones inputs so far have been very helpful. and I will continue taking critiques and inputs from anyone with more experience with these products. Thoughts?
I think just the UCAs and shocks are gonna put you at 2.5k..
Old 10-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol what?!

op dont take this advice, you cant go wrong with fox
Old 10-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Been looking into this kit. Any thoughts? http://offroadwarehouse.com/products...roductID/39119
this is how i see it about resi's.. i fyoure not going throught washboards (Arroyos) for 100+ miles without stopping there is no real need for them. Just go with non resi extended travel COs. the Resi is more of a "bling" factor if you arent using them to the fullest. I am in no was discouraging you from getting them and have no idea what offroading you do, but im just tryin to save you pennies.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

-Diff Drop

Looks like you got an AWESOME setup there. I am a little jealous lol. I would look at Downsouth Motorsports on that set up. I hear they are awesome customer service and will give TW members a little bit of a discount. If you are getting all those items they might be able to do something for you. I have also heard Wheelers Offroad is good as well.

Not to sure about Offroad Warehouse but they do have a youtube video of instalation but with Icons. Should be kind of similar though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPf6j1kElEU

Good luck with what you decide and really looking forward to this build.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Looks like you got an AWESOME setup there. I am a little jealous lol. I would look at Downsouth Motorsports on that set up. I hear they are awesome customer service and will give TW members a little bit of a discount. If you are getting all those items they might be able to do something for you. I have also heard Wheelers Offroad is good as well.

Not to sure about Offroad Warehouse but they do have a youtube video of instalation but with Icons. Should be kind of similar though.

im pretty sure that is SpecialK's truck ^^^. a member on here
Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
frankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I think just the UCAs and shocks are gonna put you at 2.5k..
i got most of this set up for under 2.5 at just wheelers. I am sure with a little shopping around and site mixing and matching, i can keep it under 2500$
Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post

Ya i really excited about getting all this too. But i have a few more month of deployment at the minimum. Good research time when theres nothing to do in the desert
Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #19
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
yup that's mine
Wow sick truck. I just saw your other video as well. Very nice.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
yup that's mine
how do you like the ICONS?