1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100's at .85 and top spacer

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mako86, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    mako86

mako86 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport 4x4 dclb
    i bought my truck with a 3" spacer lift already installed. it rode like crap. the front end was stiff and whenever one of the wheels would hit a hard bump the steering kickback (not bump steer) was awful. on the highway the kickback would shake the wheel violently.

so i took the spacer lift out and put in 5100's at 2.5. the ride was slightly better. the alignment shop was able to get 1* caster. i still wasn't happy with it, so i thought it might be because of the preload on the springs. so i was going to buy 885 ome springs but decided to lower the front end and hopfully fix the ride and the alignment. what i did was set the 5100's at .85 (less preload than 1.75) and put back in the 1/2" top spacers from the spacer lift i had. i was thinking i would get around 1.6" to 1.7" of lift and ended up with 22.25" hub to fender. as soon as i drove it i noticed a big difference, which was great.

took it for an alignment and got 2* of caster but with .85 camber. the slightest drop in camber and the caster disppears quickly. so i might have to get some uca's or bend the cam tabs over.

Products Discussed in

To Top