1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1.5" front lift desired -2011 prerunner

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DaveEE, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Oct 1, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    DaveEE

DaveEE [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner
    5100's set at 1.75, rear tsb, debadged, magnaflow catback exhaust, color matched grill and rear bumper, 13" euro antena
    I would like to level out my 2011 double cab prerunner, bring up the front end about 1.5" What would the best option be spacers or Bilstiens 5100's ? What are the pro's & cons of each option?

Will I have issues trying to get the alignment into specs or is raising the front 1.5" no big deal?

Any opinons on impact to the ride and handling of the truck? Without 4wd I am not anticipating introducing an new vibrations with the lift - thoughts?

I plan on having the dealership do the rear leaf tsb, should I wait to raise the front until after this is completed? Do you think the dealership will give me any crap if I level it out 1st?

I don't do any serious off roading, just dirt paths slow in the desert

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Oct 1, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    To raise the front about 1.5" you have some options. You could get spacers but they are a cheap lift and come with some potential issues. If you don't off road too hard, you most likely won't have any issues with spacers. The next option is 5100's set at 1.75". You should be able to get your alignment within spec just fine. The next option would be replacement shocks and coils. 5100's set at 0 and Eibach coils would give you 1.6" of lift and OME struts and 884 coils should get you between 1.5 and 2" up front. The aftermarket coils are taller and a bit stiffer than the stock coils and provide a nice ride. I've got the Eibachs and 5100's and gained the advertised 1.6" of lift up front. It rides great!

Products Discussed in

To Top