1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift help please

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jmartin89, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    You're severely overestimating yourself if you think I'm going to get riled over the internet. Don't flatter yourself.

Tell that to the California and Long Travel sections. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms immediately.

That line above actually looks pretty tame.

But you're right...what would I know about wheeling...I've never pushed this truck around at all...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also know absolutely nothing about trail repair...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: You're not going to break CV axles just by drooping them in most setups - the coilover will bottom first. If you DO install C/Os with enough travel to allow CV binding, limit straps are an easy solution.

Was I unclear at some point when I pointed out I wanted an offroad capable truck and not a buggy?

I already said that earlier in this thread, so I guess I agree.

What I don't understand is why you can't agree on two things, which is all we were discussing before these wild tangents sprouted:

1) There are many different setups, and what is "best" depends on application.

2) It is easily possible to get more than 3" of lift without a drop bracket kit.

I really don't see what's so hard about either of these items. And I really don't know what has you and Countryboy up there all wadded up.

Products Discussed in

To Top