Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift help please

Old 10-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
Jmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Scout
Name: James
Jmartin89's Tacoma Gallery
Lift help please

Ok i have the OME lift kit with the 886 coils on the front and the AAL on the back i want to lift it a little more with the Daystarr 2.5 strutt spacers on the front and blocks on the back my question is will the spacer work with the OME coils if not where can i find some that will
Old 10-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift are you already getting?
Stacking lifts is not a good thing. too much lift destroys your suspension.

If you want more lift, you're going to have to move to DB lifts
Old 10-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
Jmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
its already about 3 inchs i just want a little higher the front is all coilspring im just wanting to put a coil spacer on it
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anything more than 3" is going to put too much strain on various different parts of your suspension, and you'll need new UCA's to keep it aligned
and this will happen, a lot.

if you really want more lift, try looking at RCD's 4.5" lift, or a 6". Anything higher requires dropped brackets
Old 10-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I see you're 4x4. Can't get over three inches without a drop bracket.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
ive got LR UCAs on it already and are you talking about a diff drop
Old 10-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #7

no. Look up dropped bracket lifts. Basically, they lift the truck while keeping the differential the same height- all the trucks you see that are sky high are dropped bracket lifts.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:24 AM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You need a drop bracket, lowering the front differential down.

Fabtech 6 inch lift, ect.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:34 AM   #9
Only from the waist down.
nubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reverend
nubbs's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really not a fan of those OME coil kits. They leave that upper ball joint at such a horrible angle at ride height and take all the droop out of the suspension. Ever look into spindles?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #10
yeah i see what your talking about now i looked at the RCD one but i just got the OME lift so im gonna nix this project for now and wait till a few 100000 miles and i different daily driver vehicle before i do that ill just stick with what i got that RCD is kind of pricey how much was the fabtech one
Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
I'm really not a fan of those OME coil kits. They leave that upper ball joint at such a horrible angle at ride height and take all the droop out of the suspension. Ever look into spindles?
He's 4x4, he can't with spindles.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #12
Only from the waist down.
nubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reverend
nubbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
He's 4x4, he can't with spindles.
Spindles, i.e. drop down kit. I hate 4wd IFS, unless you have ridiculous money you'll always be stuck with a drop down, which in terms of
off-roadability is like shooting yourself in the foot.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
Quote:
Spindles, i.e. drop down kit. I hate 4wd IFS, unless you have ridiculous money you'll always be stuck with a drop down, which in terms of
I like the ome kit its seems pretty good drives good i have the LR UCAs and the ball joints dont seem to be to bad of an angle
Old 10-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #15
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Great way to put it!

I opted for a 3 inch lift because I don't have to re-gear, it's affordable, it drives great and if I ever decide to drop back down to factory height I can.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #16
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
You can get over 3" without a drop bracket.

But be prepared for expense (parts alone will be around 3 to 4 grand) and adding some new stuff to your regular maintenance schedule (re-booting CV axles).

Long travel is also an option if you're OK spend into the 5 grand range. Won't get you much more height, but will give you more suspension flex.

If you really want to get above 3" and maintain the best offroad ability, it's time to start looking at axle swaps.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 AM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You can get over 3" without a drop bracket.

But be prepared for expense (parts alone will be around 3 to 4 grand) and adding some new stuff to your regular maintenance schedule (re-booting CV axles).

Long travel is also an option if you're OK spend into the 5 grand range. Won't get you much more height, but will give you more suspension flex.

If you really want to get above 3" and maintain the best offroad ability, it's time to start looking at axle swaps.
And how is this possible?

Derp?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
And how is this possible?
Keep cranking the coilovers up. Get higher rate springs. Eventually you will run into a limiting factor (LCA balljoint binding, CV axle binding, Downtravel). It's not like anything is maxed out at three inches of lift, especially if you do it right with extended travel coilovers and uniball UCAs.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keep cranking the coilovers up. Get higher rate springs. Eventually you will run into a limiting factor (LCA balljoint binding, CV axle binding, Downtravel). It's not like anything is maxed out at three inches of lift, especially if you do it right with extended travel coilovers and uniball UCAs.
well said...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
I hate to be that guy. . .

So you feel that's a correct way to lift simply because no immediate signs show themselves? As far as "maxing out" the suspensions travel goes, you could go to at least 3 1/2 above the factory height on a stock suspension. Though it's technically possible, that runs a narrow line that simply isn't worth .5 inches of lift.

I don't want to be the one with ball joints failing, tires wearing incorrectly and premature failure of suspension parts.