Leveling kit...yes or no?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kit...yes or no?

Anyone have in-put on a a levling kit for a reg cab tacoma 2010.
And anyone know what it will do for the ride ?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.camburg.com/toyota/00-06-...y-spacer-lift/

Quote:
Originally Posted by camburg
we get asked this question all the time. Why are most spacer lifts be bad? Well spacer lifts can cause a few problems and cost you big dollars to fix. First there are a few different kinds of spacer lifts, there is the kind that just bolts on the top of the existing shock that spaces it down to give lift. The problem that can come from running this kind of spacer is the shock will now be allowed to droop to far downward causing binding and damage to ball joints, 4×4 axle cv’s, and steering joints. The other issue you might have is since the shock is now just pushed down when you bottom out the suspension on or off-road instead of hitting the bumpstops you will just bottom out the shock. This can lead to some hefty damage. The next kind of spacer lift available are the preload spacers. These will usually cause the coil springs to be preloaded to give lift. The side effect to this type of lift is the shock valving is not designed for the extra preload of the spring giving the ride a bad bouncy feel that sometimes feels uncontrolled. And in some cases we have seen the spring coilbind causing damage to the shock and the frame. This is because the spring is designed to move about 1/2 its total length so when you pre-load them they are now compressed to much so near bottom out they will bind before you hit the bumpstops.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Def don't do it! I've had one and they suck even on road they are terrible! Read around a little to see what you are looking for.......level stance, full lift, etc!

Welcome!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post3809068

ur selling??

how the light output with 10000K?

also, u wont be increasing the value with mods much....Its just the way it goes, u would get more money by selling the parts seperatley, unless u find the right buyer for the whole 'chalada.
U wont be doing ur suspension any favors with a spacer lift either....its not the best route.

I do have my truck for sale, asking what i owe apprx 16600. Looking to get a x cab.

The light out put is ok I found the low beam alone with no fogs is not good, with the fogs on I find it pretty good and they look good too. The Hi beam is awesome I get a lot of out put i added the 55w hid's and the fogs stay on. i have pic on my profile of them check umm out...

I think I will save and look into the 5100's all around and do it right seems like the speacer and not a popular option, but its the cheep way.