Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension sag from bumper

Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
You can't fix stupid
Drew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Drew
Drew5387's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension sag from bumper

I bought a relentless fab bumper and it should be here sometime this week. I am running a stock suspension right now. How bad is the front end gonna sag from this bumper? What could i do to fix it without getting a new suspension? I can't get a new suspension because of my warranty
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
if u cant do anything to your suspension then start cuttin material out of your new bumper lol.... not much u can do man....
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Its not going to sag much. Stock springs are like 600-650lb/in
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure about the state you live in but you can do a leveling kit, They should not void out any warranty unless they the dealer can prove that the mod effected the original suspension.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew5387 View Post
I bought a relentless fab bumper and it should be here sometime this week. I am running a stock suspension right now. How bad is the front end gonna sag from this bumper? What could i do to fix it without getting a new suspension? I can't get a new suspension because of my warranty
So you are saying that replacing the coil springs or putting Bilstein 5100 shocks on the front will void your warranty? My understanding of a warranty affecting the suspension is if suspenion parts are changed that made it unsafe to drive or if the parts were put in wrong which resulted in an accident. I say if the bumper makes your front end sag replace the springs anyway with OME881s or similar. Talk to the seller to make sure whatever spring is used will correct your problem.