Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

which one would be a better ride?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
loganlangley is on a distinguished road
Name: logan
loganlangley's Tacoma Gallery
Question which one would be a better ride?

what would be a smoother ride? bilstein 5100s set at .85 with ome 885 coils or just the bilsteins set at 2.5 with stock coils? the total height with the ome coils and bilsteins is 2.6 inches of lift, and 2.5 with the bilsteins and stock coils. i just wanna know what would be a better ride...thanks for any help. oh and i have the 1.5 icon leaf pack for the rear if that matters.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i think your thinking eibach springs...
Old 10-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
no i was gonna go with the ome 885 coils to acheive the ammont of lift that i wanted to achieve with the shocks at a low setting.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The stock coils won't handle the pre set 5100s well! Def add the coils either eibach or OME!

Toytec already has a pre assembled eibach/5100 for $549. It will make install easier!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
thanks for the info. i already have the 5100s and the leaf pack i just havent installed them yet. i was gonna order some coils. will i need anything to make them work together or should everything just bolt right up?
Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need to get the top plate from your stock set up so a spring compressor will be necessary. Then you'll need to assemble them with the spring compressor as well. Those things can be sketchy! Most guys run a 1/4" top plate on the drivers side for the lean! But toytec's already taken care of that. You could always sell the ones you have and still be good?? Just an idea!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Im doing same thing, I have an access cab and I have the 5100 set at 1.75 now, I want to put them at 0 with the eibach springs with a 1/4 spacer on both sides to get just right at 2 inches, good idea or no? dont want to buy new uca's
Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganlangley View Post
no i was gonna go with the ome 885 coils to acheive the ammont of lift that i wanted to achieve with the shocks at a low setting.
885s with 5100s at .85 is not recommended.

youd be better off with 885s on ome shocks
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #10

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks for the info. i already have the 5100s and the leaf pack i just havent installed them yet. i was gonna order some coils. will i need anything to make them work together or should everything just bolt right up?
eibachs on the 5100s at .85 yeild 2.6" or so of lift
Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
you sure about the 2.6 out of the eibachs and .85?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #12

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just what others have reported

eibach gives 1.6" and then .9 from the 5100s so 2.5" some report a bit higher when new
Old 10-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. 1.6" from the coils themselves and .85 from the 5100's. Yoytoda is correct.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
thanks guys. where is the cheapest place to order the eibach coil springs from?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #15

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
PM Toytec, they are a vendor here!