Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

installation pricing (5100s, Eibachs, diff drop, wheels/tires)

Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
KingMoo is on a distinguished road
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
installation pricing (5100s, Eibachs, diff drop, wheels/tires)

I've decided I'm better off not doing the install myself so I'm trying to get a good quote for the install.

right now I;m looking at:

- Front&Rear 5100s w/Eibachs and diff. drop. ($250)
- wheel/tire installed and balanced ($29 per wheel)
- alignment ($129)
= $495 +tax

sound about right?

The guys I'm getting to to the lift are a small operation. Do I need to give them a heads up for anything to make sure the install is done properly?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely on the upper end... $250 for front coils, struts and rear shocks isn't terrible, it'll probably take them a couple hours. What setting are you using for the 5100's? If you're keeping it at the 0 setting, you don't need the diff drop (you probably won't need it at the .85 setting either). $30/wheel is high in my opinion for mounting and balancing. It'll take them all of 30 minutes to mount/balance and install all 4 wheels and tires. Also $129 for an alignment is ridiculous, that's higher than the stealership. Local places around me do it for $60, stealership is $100.

Only pointer for the shop, make sure they're aware of the settings for the 5100's (make sure both sides are at the same setting) and make sure the coil seat is oriented correctly. A few people have installed it upside down. The coil seat should cover the retainer ring when properly installed.

You didn't mention a lean spacer for the front, are you using one? If not your Taco will lean.

EDIT, I just saw that you're in Canada and I hear things run a little higher up there so take the pricing advice I gave you with a grain of salt... People your way are probably paying more than I am in the states.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMoo View Post
I've decided I'm better off not doing the install myself so I'm trying to get a good quote for the install.

right now I;m looking at:

- Front&Rear 5100s w/Eibachs and diff. drop. ($250)pretty good price!
- wheel/tire installed and balanced ($29 per wheel)insane
- alignment ($129)insane
= $495 +tax

sound about right?

The guys I'm getting to to the lift are a small operation. Do I need to give them a heads up for anything to make sure the install is done properly?

read bold.. if i was you have them install the lift, have a different shop do your tires and allignment
Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Who are you going to? I live in Calgary and installed the same lift myself. I had a shop by me compress and put together the coils for a case of beer, and then had Knibbe Auto do my alignment...came out perfect. Where abouts in the City do you live?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I PM'd you about helping you with install.