1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

installation pricing (5100s, Eibachs, diff drop, wheels/tires)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KingMoo, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    KingMoo

KingMoo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    I've decided I'm better off not doing the install myself so I'm trying to get a good quote for the install.

right now I;m looking at:

- Front&Rear 5100s w/Eibachs and diff. drop. ($250)
    - wheel/tire installed and balanced ($29 per wheel)
    - alignment ($129)
    = $495 +tax

sound about right?

The guys I'm getting to to the lift are a small operation. Do I need to give them a heads up for anything to make sure the install is done properly?

2. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Definitely on the upper end... $250 for front coils, struts and rear shocks isn't terrible, it'll probably take them a couple hours. What setting are you using for the 5100's? If you're keeping it at the 0 setting, you don't need the diff drop (you probably won't need it at the .85 setting either). $30/wheel is high in my opinion for mounting and balancing. It'll take them all of 30 minutes to mount/balance and install all 4 wheels and tires. Also $129 for an alignment is ridiculous, that's higher than the stealership. Local places around me do it for $60, stealership is $100.

Only pointer for the shop, make sure they're aware of the settings for the 5100's (make sure both sides are at the same setting) and make sure the coil seat is oriented correctly. A few people have installed it upside down. The coil seat should cover the retainer ring when properly installed.

You didn't mention a lean spacer for the front, are you using one? If not your Taco will lean.

EDIT, I just saw that you're in Canada and I hear things run a little higher up there so take the pricing advice I gave you with a grain of salt... People your way are probably paying more than I am in the states.

3. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc

read bold.. if i was you have them install the lift, have a different shop do your tires and allignment

4. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    Who are you going to? I live in Calgary and installed the same lift myself. I had a shop by me compress and put together the coils for a case of beer, and then had Knibbe Auto do my alignment...came out perfect. Where abouts in the City do you live?

5. Oct 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    I PM'd you about helping you with install.

Products Discussed in

To Top