Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Does anybody make 2nd Gen Rack & Pinion (steering) bushings?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody make 2nd Gen Rack & Pinion (steering) bushings?

Are there any Urethane rack & pinion bushings for the 2005+ Tacomas out there?

My OEM bushings are shot and I'd much rather take the opportunity to go urethane but I can't seem to find any.

I know these bushings have got to be tearing and shredding left and right on these trucks, so what's everybody doing about it?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Coyboy 0351 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3/3 I CO WPNS PLT   0351
Coyboy 0351's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers said that they are working on some... give them a call.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That's good to hear. There's go to be some reason why Energy Suspension isn't selling a kit though. Especially being in San Clemente, there have go to be about a million 2nd gen's in that area alone
Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
Called Wheelers, they're not actually working on anything for the 2nd gen. They're waiting for Energy to make them so they can sell them.

What's everyone else doing about their 2nd gen bushings? Are you all using oem replacements or just driving around with sloppy steering?

I can't believe the 2nd gen's been out since 2005 and there isn't anyone out there with a poly bushing kit.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Thats what I am saying...6 years and no poly bushing kit... Got damn near everything else out there...
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #6
Energy Suspension has the 2nd gen Tacoma "on their list." Apparently it isn't near the top either. So don't expect to see the bushings in the next 6 months, but possibly in the next year.

This is what I was told directly by their Tech Support / R&D dept.

Also, Defined Engineering expressed interest in developing their own kit. Apparently the guy who was supposed to lend them his 2nd gen bailed so they're looking for another truck to test on.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Just called energy suspensions and was told that they should have new shit our for 2nd gen tacomas in 3-4 months...I will believe it when I see it...If i lived near them I would totally lend them my truck....FREE SHIT......
Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Boss taco is on a distinguished road
Boss taco's Tacoma Gallery
i just got off the phone with energy suspension and he said around March for the 05+ steering rack bushings. Mine are shot and nobody carries them, the only option is to buy a new rack $400 from parts store or almost a grand from Toyota. I have access to a machine shop and was wondering if i could machine some myself has anyone out there attempted this before?