Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear suspension to match SAW's

Old 10-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Rear suspension to match SAW's

when I get the cash I am going to get some 2.0'' SAW's for my taco for the front and set them at about 2'' of lift

What rear suspension would be the best to match the SAWs up front? (as far as ride quality/capability)

I was thinking wheelers/alcan 5 leaf-pack (1.5'' lift) and bilstein 5100's.

Would that be too mismatched or will that handle fine? I like that setup because of the cost, its relatively cheap and I will be really broke after getting the SAWs.

I do some moderate wheeling, mostly trails, dirt roads, lots of washboard.

No high speed baja stuff.

thanks for the insight!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Any towing?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
not regularly. I may tow a light trailer and a dirtbike once in a blue moon...but nothing else.

My bed is empty about 99% of the time.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Should be about level with the 5 pack then. If it were my choice I'd go up with some shackles as well just to have a slight rake but it sounds like in your case it's all personal preference.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #5

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I want it to be about level. My biggest concern was that the billys in the back wouldn't be up to par w/ the SAWs as far as capability and ride quality
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I have saw 2.0s in the front and billy 5100s in the back with the wheelers 3 leaf AAL. It rides awesome! Only complaint is my leafs are almost flat.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #7

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I have saw 2.0s in the front and billy 5100s in the back with the wheelers 3 leaf AAL. It rides awesome! Only complaint is my leafs are almost flat.
Stock leafs+AAL?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Stock leafs+AAL?
correct
Old 10-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #9

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
gotcha, probably time for some new leaf packs. My leafs have a pretty good frown to them now.

Thanks for the help guys