Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sway Away 2.0 spanner wrenches- NEED HELP!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
ukaboy is on a distinguished road
ukaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Sway Away 2.0 spanner wrenches- NEED HELP!

I have the older model SAW 2.0 Race runner Coilovers and have lost my spanner wrenches. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust my coilovers without using a spanner wrench. Ive heard of using a punch but i have no idea how to use that and what it is.....oh yeah the coilovers are off the truck and in my garage.I need help. They sell the spanners online but are asking a riduclous price to ship them to hawaii..like $30 for the spanner and $48 for shipping!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Yeah, we used hex wrenches or something like that to get em loose. Its a pain in the ass, and I doubt you could break a set loose that has been driven on. Might also help to have the springs compressed but that may not be an option for you.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
ukaboy is on a distinguished road
ukaboy's Tacoma Gallery
yeah theyve been driven on for about a year. Weve tried to compress the spring but its too big. So far, i Just sprayed it with anti seize and gonna wait and try again. They said to use a punch but im assuming you just stick in the collar and try to turn i guess...not too sure