Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rough Country Lift Kit

Old 10-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
itsyaboy607 is on a distinguished road
itsyaboy607's Tacoma Gallery
Rough Country Lift Kit

Hey guys, I was looking at getting the rough country 3" lift kit for my 06 access cab. I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this kit? it comes with Strut extentions for front, lift blocks and u bolt for rear and also shocks all for around $250. my brother in law told me that these kits that come with spacers and blocks are bad for all of your factory suspension parts and ball joints and stuff. he told me to go with bigger coils and add a leafs.. what do you guys think?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyaboy607 View Post
Hey guys, I was looking at getting the rough country 3" lift kit for my 06 access cab. I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this kit? it comes with Strut extentions for front, lift blocks and u bolt for rear and also shocks all for around $250. my brother in law told me that these kits that come with spacers and blocks are bad for all of your factory suspension parts and ball joints and stuff. he told me to go with bigger coils and add a leafs.. what do you guys think?
Your brother in law is right.

http://www.camburg.com/toyota/00-06-...y-spacer-lift/
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
spacers and blocks are the cheapest lifts, but are horrible as far as ride quality and suspension wear. Grab longer shocks/struts, coils and a new leaf pack if you want the best 3" lift
Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
There's really no upside to spacer lifts. Higher rate springs combined with shock replacement is a much better solution.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
"Rough Country" is right.........!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
itsyaboy607 is on a distinguished road
itsyaboy607's Tacoma Gallery
how much does a good spring and shock lift usually cost? I wanna go about 3"
Old 10-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
If you are just getting it for looks and stay on the road all the time, go for it.
It is not a good lift if you actually plan on being off-road, even mildly.

Check out Toytec to get an idea of your options and what they cost.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Even on road my ride was horrible!

Toytec has a pre-assembled front coilover for $549, pick an aal and 5100's for the rear and you're good!