Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s and rear spacer

Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
5100s and rear spacer

I am currently running a Revtek spacer lift and was looking into dumping it and picking up some billys. Looking to save myself a bit of money, could I just get them up front, set them to 2.5" and leave the rear spacer and ranchos.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yes sorry, an aluminum block with a 4 leaf pack.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
if your shocks are long enough and are working now, then they'll be fine when you change the front.

A lot of members on here are gonna tell you to change those blocks though, there's better rear lifts out there
Old 10-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You would have to remove the leveling kit front the front if you are setting the billys above zero.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #6

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I figured most people would say ditch the rear block, but as of right now I cant afford billys on all corners. KPT, that was the plan, ditch the spacer up front and set the 5100s to 2.5"
Old 10-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #7

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little update: 5100's on the way, excited to get those revtek hockey pucks outta there. Thanks to downsouth motorsports.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
tommytacoma is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tommy
tommytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
HEY BRO LET ME KNOW HOW THE TRUCK LOOKS WHEN YOU LOSE THOSE HOCKEY PUCKS AND PUT IN THE BILLIES AT 2.5! I AM THINKING OF DOING THE SAME SETUP, I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I'M NOT GONNA GET LESS LEFT WITH THE BILLIES!!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Prob still going to ride the same as it did with the spacers. The springs are still preloaded to 2.5"! Most dudes get a diff/longer coil designed to handle some preload......eibachs will give you 1.5" and set the 5100's at .85" and you're set! For rear you could get a 1.5" aal (toytec $79) and keep the shocks in the rear until you upgrade! Ultimately depends on your budget and still better than spacers. Good luck!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Prob still going to ride the same as it did with the spacers. The springs are still preloaded to 2.5"! Most dudes get a diff/longer coil designed to handle some preload......eibachs will give you 1.5" and set the 5100's at .85" and you're set! For rear you could get a 1.5" aal (toytec $79) and keep the shocks in the rear until you upgrade! Ultimately depends on your budget and still better than spacers. Good luck!
But the billy's are valved to properly dampen the preload, while the stock shocks are not. The ride will be better with the 5100's than with a spacer lift and stock shocks.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordred 5100's for the front with the eibach set up. Ditching the same lift. I currently have the revtech lift and getting rid of the hockey pucks! I am keeping the 2" block in the back until I decide to either aal or whole new leaf back. Budget was my issue. If it rides like junk then I'll most def get either leaf set up soon. Good luck!