1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Advice on Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DSully72, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    DSully72

DSully72 [OP] 2WD Problems

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Appling, GA
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Looking at getting a 3" procomp or fabtech spacer lift for the front with some aal's in the back. Basically I just need pros and cons. Thanks tw! :D

2. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    i can only speak on 3" revtek and AAL lift, it was a ok lift when i had it, it rode stiff in the front and couldn't really tell what the rear felt like. I do some off roading and the spacer adds more load to the spring making it stiffer= rough ride. if your a mall crawler and don't take it off road its great for looks but if you do offroad and you want a soft/better ride get a suspension lift, re: toytec, kings, fox's for the front and the back i think a AAL would be just fine.

3. Oct 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    I am by no means an expert on lifts but after reading a bunch of threads on here the spacer lifts are not a good idea especially if you are doing any kind of off roading even mild off roading. However if thats what you want by all means go and get it but I think there are better options out there for a little bit more money.

Here is a link to another thread about spacer lifts that might help your decision. Also hopefully others who are way more experienced then I can chime in and give you some solid advice.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/175699-type-spacer-better.html

Good luck with what you choose and looking forward to your build.:cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top