Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Finally getting lift!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Finally getting lift!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, so over the breakfast table this morning, looking outside as a foot of snow is accumulating, my girlfriend told me she refused to drive with me in my truck unless I got some better tires for the snow. So I said "Alright well if i'm getting new tires, I'm getting 33's. So I'll need a lift too." She said "whatever it takes." My parents said the same thing. So, I'm doing it!

Here's my lineup, I just want some input:

Billie 5100 Front adjustables
Toytec/eibach coilovers
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax
Steel braided extended brake line
Front shock replacement bushing/washer kit
15" Granite Alloy GA9's

Now here are my questions:

1) 2" AAL? I can't really afford the AllPro Expo pack, even though I should get them. My leafs are sagging, but I think I'm just getting the AAL until I can afford the Expo pack. My leafs are pretty much horizontal. Will an AAL lift it up high enough for a short period of time until I can afford Expo's (2-3 months)?

2) 5100 Rear? I know they will work with an AAL, but if I get the Expo pack down the road, will the 5100's be too short? Or will I need 5150 rears with the expo pack? I can't really afford $450 for shocks compared to $350...

3) U-Bolts? Will I need bigger U-bolts for an AAL? What about for the Expo pack?

4) For people with experience running the GA9's, will I need wheel spacers? I know rubbing is an issue with 33's on a 3" lift. What about with the ProComp rock crawlers?

5) Anything else I will need for this setup? I know this was a long one, but I know you guys are great about responding and are super helpful.

Thank you all so much!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
5100s are only good for 1" of lift in the back. Go with 5125s.

Wheel spacers will depend on the backspacing of the wheels you get.

You might need new UCAs to get your alignment right.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump for more advice/help!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: D
D13's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest talking shocks with one of the vendors like DSM, they really are extremely helpful and know our trucks and what we might be doing with them really well and will give you plenty of advice.

I have been researching my lift for a while, and I'm sure I wont be the only one to say... The AAL is a band-aid if you have saggy leaves. That was one of my concerns and I went the do it right route and have dakars sitting in my garage.

Also if you go with an AAL now, and leaf pack later make sure you have the right rear shocks.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post
I suggest talking shocks with one of the vendors like DSM, they really are extremely helpful and know our trucks and what we might be doing with them really well and will give you plenty of advice.

I have been researching my lift for a while, and I'm sure I wont be the only one to say... The AAL is a band-aid if you have saggy leaves. That was one of my concerns and I went the do it right route and have dakars sitting in my garage.

Also if you go with an AAL now, and leaf pack later make sure you have the right rear shocks.
Awesome, I was thinking of doing that. But I still want to know from you all here if there's anything else I need, besides what I have listed. I'll call DSM and chat, would they be good to ask about what else I need to get?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Not completely accurate, according to the experts at DSM.

Recommend you give them a call, Jacob, to confirm the right shocks for your specific application.
Ah we are talking about a 1st gen here I forgot.