Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME springs with stock suspension

Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
samiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
samiam's Tacoma Gallery
OME springs with stock suspension

I'm looking to level my front end. Is it ok to replace my stock springs with OME springs and retain my stock front billies?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes you can do that, but it's easier to just do it the other way around. Why get better springs when you can get better shocks and reuse your old springs. Not to mention you'll prob end up using the 884 coils, and i don't know how much longer those are compared to stock. Plus you'll ended up wearing out your shocks faster.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
yes you can do that, but it's easier to just do it the other way around. Why get better springs when you can get better shocks and reuse your old springs. Not to mention you'll prob end up using the 884 coils, and i don't know how much longer those are compared to stock. Plus you'll ended up wearing out your shocks faster.
I thought the second gen OME coils were 885's?

And OP instead of getting springs, just get bilstein 5100's and set them at the height you want. That way your not hurting your stock shocks.

Check out downsouthmotorsports.com
Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I thought the second gen OME coils were 885's?
Old Man Emu coils
Select coils from options- All coils are sold in pairs
-883 --- Front Coil Springs Used alone as leveling coils (approx. 1 1/2") for 07-09 FJ Cruiser, 05-09 Tacoma, & 03-09 4-Runner.
The coils below are for 07-09 FJ Cruiser, 05-09 Tacoma, & 03-09 4-Runner.
---884--- 2" lift standard coils - add top plate spacers for full 3" lift
---885--- Medium 2" lift coils for 110 lbs additional front weight
----886--- Heavy 2" lift coils for 200+ front weight -- No top plate spacer needed--
(Choose from options below)
We recommend 90000 Old Man Emu shocks sold separately with 885 and 886 coils
Old 10-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Old Man Emu coils
Select coils from options- All coils are sold in pairs
-883 --- Front Coil Springs Used alone as leveling coils (approx. 1 1/2") for 07-09 FJ Cruiser, 05-09 Tacoma, & 03-09 4-Runner.
The coils below are for 07-09 FJ Cruiser, 05-09 Tacoma, & 03-09 4-Runner.
---884--- 2" lift standard coils - add top plate spacers for full 3" lift
---885--- Medium 2" lift coils for 110 lbs additional front weight
----886--- Heavy 2" lift coils for 200+ front weight -- No top plate spacer needed--
(Choose from options below)
We recommend 90000 Old Man Emu shocks sold separately with 885 and 886 coils
didn't feel like googling lol
Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
didn't feel like googling lol
ToyTec website.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
davidfj is on a distinguished road

davidfj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjeka View Post
I'm looking to level my front end. Is it ok to replace my stock springs with OME springs and retain my stock front billies?
You'll blow your shocks out really fast by using aftermarket springs on stock shocks.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do your homework before preloading your stock coils using 5100's (if you do end up going that route). The TRD Off Road has a progressive coil vs linear that come with the TRD Sports and SR5s. Preloading a progressive coil can lead to a very stiff ride.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
samiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
samiam's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. That's the informaion I was looking for.