Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Dealer says rear leaf TSB expired?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
ruger1 is on a distinguished road
ruger1's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer says rear leaf TSB expired?

Called my dealer today to ask about having the rear leaf TSB done on my new 20011 TRD DC bought new in may. He says he has never heard of it looks it up in computer. He then says that the TSB expired in dec 2010. I see people posting of having this done recently. What gives?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Jake9 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
Jake9's Tacoma Gallery
Just had the TSB done on my 11 Dbl cab last week.....I took a copy of the TSB with me.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
find the PDF of the TSB and bring it with you
and some tissue. then tell the dealer to stop crying and do the fucking tsb
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
ruger1's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to update. At the top of the TSB it says that it had expired and the current TSB superceeds the old one to include the 2011 trucks. Apparently he stopped reading at "expired". I printed it out and read the complete sentence to him. He cleared it with his manager and they did it no questions asked.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
So, before it was done... did you bottom-out the suspension while loaded?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
ruger1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
So, before it was done... did you bottom-out the suspension while loaded?
I'll have to admit that my truck wasn't as bad as others have complained about on here. I loaded it up pretty good and never hit the bumpstops. I do use my truck to haul a lot of dirt,mulch and firewood including having my 5x8 trailer loaded up at the same time and i figured it wouldnt hurt to have the TSB done. I have no regrets and actually like the way it rides now with the billies.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger1 View Post
Called my dealer today to ask about having the rear leaf TSB done on my new 20011 TRD DC bought new in may. He says he has never heard of it looks it up in computer. He then says that the TSB expired in dec 2010. I see people posting of having this done recently. What gives?
Call bs. Had mine done in June of 2011.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #9
treadway47025 is on a distinguished road
treadway47025's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a New leftover 2011 on Dec 4th of 2011. Is this tsb something I should be looking into or should it already be taken care of?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #10
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Call corporate...they will make your dealer do it.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
Shouldnt this issue already be taken care of in my case since the tsb has been out for a while?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadway47025 View Post
Shouldnt this issue already be taken care of in my case since the tsb has been out for a while?
One would think but not Toyota USA. They did change it up some 2012 models. It only took 6 yrs. Look in the back & count the leafs.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #13
There are 3 leaves
Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
had mine done early this year with no issues
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There are 3 leaves

The tsb is a 4 pak. 3 plus overload
Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^ yup. i have a set layin in my shed
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #17
Ill have to check into the whole tsb and check with the dealer. No big. I plan to go to a aftermarket deaver or ome dakar pack in the future eitherway
Old 12-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #18
"the soulless ginger"

Quote:
Ill have to check into the whole tsb and check with the dealer. No big. I plan to go to a aftermarket deaver or ome dakar pack in the future eitherway
do the whole OME kit. i love mine. rides way better and the lift is done correctly. if/when the time comes to do it, make sure to contact marco at downsouth motorsports. best prices and customer service is second to none.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just purchased a New leftover 2011 on Dec 4th of 2011. Is this tsb something I should be looking into or should it already be taken care of?

Not all need it, for some reason there are some good 3 pack springs out there... my 2010 has good ones, but my 2005 did not (so I know the difference). A truck that needs a TSB will bottom out the back suspension when you have cargo (in the bed, or back seat passengers) when ever you drive over bumps or pot holes. You will know!

I was very surprised that they didn't fix the defect in spring quality after the first year of the 2nd gen. Tacomas came out that were too heavy for the 3 pack springs (2005). When I tested the 2010 and it (mine) didn't bottom, I thought that they finally fixed it! I see that isn't the case...