Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

quick king question

Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
quick king question

My order from DSM will get here tomorrow , but it just hit me that I always assumed that the kings would be ext travel, but I never really knew for sure. So will the ballin' coilovers I get tomorrow be ext travel or did I have to ask them to valve them special or something?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
My order from DSM will get here tomorrow , but it just hit me that I always assumed that the kings would be ext travel, but I never really knew for sure. So will the ballin' coilovers I get tomorrow be ext travel or did I have to ask them to valve them special or something?
valving doesnt have anything to do with travel numbers its more of a tuning thing for each persons truck. but knowing if they are extended travel, i have noooooooo idea. call DSM im sure they will gladly help you out.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
dat ass..
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I shouldn't have posted her since no one can think in here
Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Next day bump. Im at school or id call dsm.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Just called, kings are not ext travel....
Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
ask for them?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just called, kings are not ext travel....
nope, they are not. but king can build them to be, if you ask...

but in reality it's not that big of a deal if they are not ext travel... we're talking about less than 1" difference in droop travel
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
nope, they are not. but king can build them to be, if you ask...

but in reality it's not that big of a deal if they are not ext travel... we're talking about less than 1" difference in droop travel
good to know!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #12
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
New question, Just got everything on today and I'm going to have to raise the front up a little more than what it is. Is there an amount of turn to height ratio? For example how much does a complete turn get me?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #13
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New question, Just got everything on today and I'm going to have to raise the front up a little more than what it is. Is there an amount of turn to height ratio? For example how much does a complete turn get me?
on the instructions of my toytec coilovers, it told me 1/4 turn of the collar equals to about 1 inch of lift. it didn't really work out that way, i turned it about 5 times around just to cancel out my taco lean...

watch the threads when you're moving the collar. if theres more than an inch of new threads you oughta put the wheels back on, drop the jacks and measure. dont count on turns of the collar is all im sayin
and i wouldn't lift any more than 3.25 over stock lift, or your cv's are gonna hate ya.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #14
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, looks like it will take a while then. I'm hoping to get them at about 2.75ish
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks, looks like it will take a while then. I'm hoping to get them at about 2.75ish
I put about 1.5 turns on the passanger coilover and around 4 turns on the drivers side. I'm right at 2.75 of lift and pretty close to level. But every truck is different and mine is a AC.